Sunday 4 August 2019

There must be some kind of way out of here (IV): 108 Mile House to Boston Bar

7:00
I sleep like a log in this house!  Maybe it was all the booze I consumed last night ?

The ticket is booked.... Zu is coming to Vietnam in March !!!!!  


Fabulous, it's been too long since Zu I went on a trip together!

We chat and chat and chat... I do NOT want to get ready and I do NOT want to leave... Zu has such a great sense of things ... and all of a sudden it's 12:30.... I NEED to leave .....  I hope I see you again soon, Gurl!


That endless 4-lane highway ....

(Here in the middle of Nowhere?  WHY?) south of 100 Mile ....

.... and then ... MORE lakes.....








Just south of Clinton:






Just North of Cache Creek



Everybody knows this is nowhere 


somewhere close to Cache Creek


...and this simply has to be Spences Bridge 










Another pull-out. I stop again..... Not really for the view... but because I HATE car driving! Might as well take some pictures.....

and have a smoke... ....but I feel strangely wary....
.... in front of me, there is steep drop down to the river.... and behind me there is a huge rocky overhang on the mountain side......

Then I read the plaque....

.... my gut feeling has been well trained ;-)

16:00

Canyon Alpine Motel ... This place MUST have been built by Germans.....
.....The receptionist is a chubby bubbly red-headed woman..... I get my room..... then I start looking for the Wifi Password in the room.... NO..... back to the office ..... the door is locked and no-one shows up even when I ring the bell..... maybe someone at the Alpine Restaurant knows  .... A very gruff woman informs me that they are separate owners..... but tells me to look for the receptionist in the laundry room.... now WHERE is that..... I find it.... chubby ginger gets scared when I walk in.... but gives me a password combination.... I try it and get a message "traffic limit exceeded"..... back to the laundry room.... Ginger has to walk to her office to give me another combo..... FINALLY !   

WHICH century am I living in?     Go Canada Go !


18:00

I've caught up with my booking and planning ..... I'll be in Vancouver tomorrow ;(

19:00

I am SO TIRED .....

21:15

The WiFi stops...... traffic limit reached... WTF?  And I wasn't even watching Netflix.....

Headache and exhaustion (from what?) lead to a bout of mini-desperation (returning to Vancouver tomorrow does NOT help) .... but finally....


No comments:

Post a Comment