Friday 2 August 2019

There must be some kind of way out of here (II):...Lytton to 100 Mile House

5:00

What a difference to yesterday when I have my first cigarette outside.....

...the storm is here..... the wind drives intermittent rain across the courtyard.

10:30

I'm packed and almost ready to go....

11:00

A rest stop just before Goldpan...


it must be a pain to keep that railway line free of debris ....

and afterwards: another of many stops...






...
and another one, a few km before Cache Creek




I remember all these spots form years ago.... but back then I never took the time to stop.... I was too intent to complete the 1200 km to the farm within 24 hours!

13:30

NOW, I HATE car driving SO MUCH..... all my senses are numb when I step out of the car...... 100 Mile House hasn't changed much, LOL
The place looks similar to Dawson Creek all those years ago.... people bear themselves differently...and they are dressed differently....

Sushi & Noodle.... NO white wine available (but they have Asahi ;-) and probably the most watery Miso Soup I ever had...

The food is OK though, even if a bit bland, and not cheap.... but I shouldn't complain .... I need to remember WHERE I am !

14:10.....I check into the hotel


And then it's time to do a little bit more driving..... to get to the target location of this long journey:

There is a hardware store there.... I pull into the parking lot.... I enter and look around.... someone is taking care of a customer and I recognize her, LOL.
I try to take another less shaky picture but by then Z has noticed and recognized me....  we agree to meet at my hotel later.

16:00
I'm back from the Liquor Store (with the HOTTEST Asian working there ;-) with 3 bottles of wine.... It's probably not worth stocking up too much ..... this is the Caribooze Country, so resupply can be found everywhere!



17:25

I'm napped & showered, I am ready for Zu's arrival.... might as well drink some wine while I wait, LOL.

18:00

Dinner at the Firehouse Diner.... and Zu has a sip of wine in my hotel room....

We also NEED to take some selfies for a common friend... Hans-Werner on Norderney ;-)











If the pictures don't spell it out clearly enough:   We get along SO WELL.... I am rat vui that I came up to 100 Mile House ;-)

22:00


No comments:

Post a Comment