Tuesday 27 August 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (VII-VIII): TIRED..... OH SO TIRED

2:30
The house news robs me of some sleep after all..... but at least 3 months later I can't even remember what that bad news was....probably something the Spherical Dwarf said....


5:30
there is no more water in the bathroom.....

7:45

I am SO SLUGGISH today....I suspect it's the lack of stimulating conversation.....but maybe swimming will help?



10:45

I'm just HOT and I can't move.....






Johann is back....

.... shares his tales of debauchery at LAB Backpackers....
and I must admit to myself that I am too old for that ....

14:00

an exam for Vietnamese students learning English... I can't even do it!
NOT my day.... that pin just broke....good thing the watch didn't drop on the ground when it did !


15:30




16:00

What a lost day.....


I'm trying to wake up my body.... it's NOT working .....

17:30



Huong filling my foot-wash basin

18:30

My Bun with whatever meat stand is not open today....


 .... but they sell Banh trung nuong right next to it and I get two to share it with my favourite people....  Tam, Tin, Thanh,



Tam feeds me some concoction of pure liquor and tiny wild grapes.... it almost shoves me under the table, LOL.
But in the following 2 hours of mostly Vietnamese conversation I learn a lot ;-)

21:00

The Afro-German is (hopefully) enjoying her LSD trip...Johann is watching her .... (those young NUTTERS).... and I'm going to bed ;-)
5:00
The LSD chick is STILL in her hammock, skyping with another woman in Germany.... too loud!



7:00

In the news: Trump is even Dumber than I thought..... he actually thought about nuking hurricanes..... 






9:00
I need to get out of my beach stupor.....

So I ride to Song Cau....


On my last trip here, while Lisa was picking out dishwashers, I noticed a TINY watch maker next door....that is where I go.... The man has a little booth in front of his living room..... I show him the broken watch strap .... he sits down, digs in the drawers and installs a new retaining pin....

I ask bao nhieu?.... and he holds up two fingers...... 20,000?   less than a Dollar?  That is cheap.   I repeat Hai muoi nghin in Vietnamese but he shakes his head .... HAI NGHIN... 2000...  that's 8 US cents....

The "Wine Store".  The sympathetic young woman is back and recognizes me right away.... THANK GOD, I recognize her too... that means it's not Alzheimer's !

 The box of wine is always the same price but this time I get the "Export" quality, which is much better than the "Classic" wine....  And I pay less per bottle of the good stuff than for the bad stuff at Coopmart...... bizarre..... When I also buy cigarettes, the older owner woman says "Thank You" in English..... I am the one who should be grateful.... less than US$ 32 for a box of wine and a carton of cigarettes..... In Canada that  purchase would have cost me US$ 160 !

10:00

More chit chat back at the German place.....

11:00

OMG, another nap????
What is my body doing?
13:30

In the news:  Waste-to-Energy plants...... people still think they are recycling.... but what they are really doing is separating burnable stuff from non-burnable stuff..... because your government is BURNING waste... and YES, even in Beautiful British Columbia ....


A walk ....



..... along a graveyard beach
There is a dead fish....


and another one !


a dead lobster


ANOTHER dead fish !


# 4
 And to top it all off:

A dead dog.... already a bit bloated and probably ready to explode.... I approach with hesitation:


NO, it does NOT explode while I take the pictures.....


...but the sight of its face having "melted" off the bone is more than enough...

The MORAL: .....Live before you die !


I'm shocked my self that even after seeing all this I still go in the water ....





15:30

Half an hour until Bobby is supposed to return...... maybe he will help me pierce through this shroud of melancholy/sleepiness ?  

17:15

Bobby is still not back..... afternoon flights are always late from Sai Gon ;-)

20:00


No comments:

Post a Comment