Tuesday 13 August 2019

2.5 Gulag days and a birthday

5:00
I complete my Vietnamese lesson and I make the mistake of checking on my blog what I was doing exactly 2 years ago..... 

LMAO,  that wasn't me, that was the old me (think pupa and butterfly) at The Beach preparing to buy the land....


Bad mistake.... my thoughts turn to all the people I miss SO MUCH....and I realize...  I will get to see Dong in Quy Nhon soon ;-)


I've suppressed the real memories of HOME for six weeks now (why torture myself) ...

....but now the whole thing is flooding back.... and tears of joy are running down my cheeks.... 2 more sleeps and I will get to go HOME!


8:00
I have the room heater on full blast, LOL.  It is COLD in Canada in August!

.... but at least I'm FINALLY dancing in my room again ;-)


9:05

Graeme is not in his office yet??  Might as well have some toast and meet Eda ;-)

An e-mail from Lisa... it's about the Bible witch.... leaving me a tad depressed and worried !


9:45
SO MANY things to do .... but people are still sleeping or not yet at work....frustrating....



12:30

Sushi, wine, Grandma, laundry, sort through stuff I want to take...... 

16:00

Eda is coming over for a chat ;-)
18:00
20:00
5:00
an e-mail shows me what I have to look forward too....
palm trees reflecting on tiles .... NICE ;-)
There are other things I still want to do.... 

...before Dumb Donald replaces this train by long-distance buses .....

9:00

I am not looking forward to today's hectic schedule... but first I should eat something, even though it will only be yucky Denny's toast...

In the news:

I'm getting worried.....
preventing the HK airport from operating for 2 days might provide Beijing with the justification it has been looking for....

9:30

No more procrastinating...the great rush....
bank, another bank, get US$ for Vietnam visa stamping
Liquor store, pharmacy, car rental place because today I need a CAR !

11:30

on y va.... I pick up Grandma because it's her 101st birthday today and we're going for lunch!






I'm glad Grandma is having some fun...I don't think I've ever seen her laugh before..... but I'm ashamed to say that after an hour I get envious to leave..... the entire conversation in a very strange way revolves around the seemingly undeniable fact that Grandma does everything right and constantly keeps judging common acquaintances for doing things WRONG, even though some of her accusations are blatant inventions to justify her cause.  I don't think she means ill; maybe that's simply the only way she can feel good about herself....  life is complicated !

I've had better chicken breast at Denny's.... dry as cardboard 
I drop Grandma off at her home and head back to my hotel.... more traffic!


14:45

That food was too rich... I need a nap
16:30

I need to stop procrastinating... I call my accountant... no answer... I buy a new electronic smoking device ....

....I'm sick of having to deal with the old one that never works when I need it to work in a plane...


I HATE suitcases ....
21:30


No comments:

Post a Comment