Sunday 18 August 2019

Going HOME-sweet-HOME..... SGN-UIH

WHY exactly do the church bells ring at 4:21 ????

I'm still confused by yesterday's failed dinner.... but by now I feel it was better this way.... it's not like Chuong and I ever had any good conversations ;-)


5:30




More church bells.... oh right... hom nay la Chu Nhat ;-) (Today is Sunday!)


4 hours until I need to leave.....


8:00

Packing, organizing what stays here (much less this time, due both to yesterday's rebuff and the awaiting house), what comes along... (do I need 3 corkscrews and 2 kettles o nha Chris?)

9:00

I'm ready to go.... and have no wine left..... but if I left now, I'd be at the airport for too long....What to do ?

WHAT is THAT hanging from my outside doorknob ????

  Oh Huyen.... it's a present of 6 bouncy yellow smiley faces...

9:30

Trang calls me a taxi....I have to take stuff out of the friggin suitcase because it weighs in at 24 kg....I'm only allowed 20.....  nhung qua du du will have to stay here ;-(  Sorry, Huyen !

It's a quick taxi ride on a Sunday, only 30 minutes.... check in is QUICK and I'm finally rid of the Red Monster.....


45 minutes until check-in time..... might as well have a beer in the waiting lounge ....



There is an e-mail from Chuong.....  which won't be answered for a LONG time (but then I don't know that yet at this point)

SGN-UIH 45 minutes flight time
Despite what my gut feeling is saying, I keep scanning the area outside the airport doors for Ti/n.....  No, but there is Hop...... 

just outside Phu Cat....

...OMG it's SO BEAUTIFUL....blue sky, white clouds, green rice fields undulating in the wind....


more than 1 hour later..... a big fire on the neighbouring peninsula
And there is a RED FIRE TRUCK speeding coming towards us from Song Cau !


15:00 I'm "Home"


There is Tam, there is Nhong, and another pretty Binh nephew, by the name of Thanh ;-)




I learn of the newest village gossip (nothing spectacular) over a G&T at Bobby's. 
beach food

17:30 

Curiosity is killing me.... Lisa is already there... I want to see my house... or whatever there is of it already....
NO windows or doors.... but Pretty in Yellow !

18:30
I walk over to Chau & Muoi....what I really want to do is get the scooter....but they have a social gathering on their front steps, so it would be rude to try to maneuver the scooter through there....  I take the bicycle instead.

19:30

It's still 32 degrees out there.... and I'm sweating everywhere..... something I hopefully get used to again quickly ;-)

20:30

it's time to go to sleep



No comments:

Post a Comment