Monday 5 August 2019

There must be some kind of way out of here (V): Boston Bar to Vancouver



5:00
That should be enough sleep now…. I wake up in Canyon Alpine Motel.....

Now what is wrong with the WiFi now AGAIN?

Nope…. NO Wifi on the laptop, just on the phone…. Must be a router mis-configuration again…… I so HATE being in the 3rd world…..

I was going to stay here until 11:00 so that I wouldn’t get to my next hotel WAY TOO EARLY for check-in time, but what am I going to do for SIX HOURS without internet ….?

It starts working again half an hour later, but I'm still in low spirits..... until I remember:


I get to go HOME in 10 days ;-)


8:00  GOOD NAP ;-)


Breakfast.  Toast with Canadian Gouda (it doesn't even taste a little bit like real Gouda!) and Turkey breast (wet cardboard is the closest taste I can think of).  Must be that British heritage that forces Canadian food to be appalling ....


Driving is FUN ..... 
Yale... closing/closed down
This place was still open when I came here with George 5 years ago!


Sorry, Jesus, walk on water somewhere else ...

rather more the norm than the exception .....

.... until I reach Hope......... then all the traffic from the Coquihalla Highway joins me and it becomes slightly unpleasant.... 

.... and it gets worse and worse ....

By the time I pass Chilliwack traffic has become a NIGHTMARE.


Stop-and-Go forever....

I can't wait to get off the highway at the Rest Area just west of Abbotsford .... but when I approach it I see that the entrance is completely blocked by RVs.....I would have to wait God knows how long just to get onto the Rest Area... OH SCREW THIS BS !


I keep driving.... 


13:30 

I've made it to North Vancouver!
Check-in time is not until 15:00 but my room is READY !

14:30

The taxi delivers me to Grandma's place.... I NEED my bicycle !   Grandma is her usual selfish self.... she wants to have her birthday lunch with me ONLY..... NOT including the two other people who each saved her life once by picking her up the floor and calling the ambulance....

16:00
The car is gone and I am mobile by bicycle ;-)  



What a relief!  









Driving a car in this city is like having to navigate an obstacle course in a fat-suit!


In addition, I'd be contributing to air pollution and global warming.....


Here is the current air advisory for Vancouver:


WHY is level 3 'IDEAL'? Isn't level 3 dirtier than level 1 and wouldn't consequently level 1 be 'more IDEAL'?   

YES, sometimes being a physicist and having a keen sense for languages sets one apart from the great unwashed masses.....  




19:00
I did sink laundry and hung the clothes out to dry over my bicycle..... when they are dry I bring them in and sniff them.... they REEK of EXHAUST ! (which they did NOT before I washed them...)  

FUCK THIS CITY !


The hotel front desk refuses to beat Booking.com's rate when I try to extend my stay, they only agree to match it.... even though me coming to the front desk saves saves them the commission to Booking.com..... that's the last time I try to do them a favour..... where is Raj when I need her, LOL.



20:00

That's it....I need sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment