Thursday 1 August 2019

There must be some kind of way out of here (I):.... Vancouver to Lytton

5:30
EVERYTHING seems to hurt today.... WTF?

7:45

I have started packing..... and I need to pick up the car soon.... or should I ride the bike to Grandma first ?

8:20

I have the car.... just WHY did Joana give me the extra insurance or bigger car?.... gotta talk to her about that!.....now I just have to get the bicycle to Grandma and take a taxi back.... and I don't want to get stuck in the morning rush hour in a taxi ! So I better wait a little to cycle off.... but then rain clouds are looming over the mountains.... can't win!





I think I even feel the first individual drops.... but maybe that's psychosomatic again ;-)


9:15

The taxi delivered me to my hotel again...... I've thrown all the luggage in the car.....

10:30

on y va!

What can I say..... I am SHELL-Shocked when I finally sit down in Pho Xuan restaurant in Chilliwack..... stop-and-go traffic from Langley to Abbotsford....

...an absolute NIGHTMARE ! And trying to detour THROUGH Abbotsford to avoid the highway traffic was even worse !

The owner brings me my food and exclaims "Did you MOVE here?"  I don't recognize the man !?!  How embarrassing.....He used to be a waiter at my North Vancouver Viet restaurant.  And he obviously remembers me CLEARLY because the next thing he says "No alcohol here!"


12:45

Time to hit the bloody road again ...

WHY can't I see those mountains clearly?   FUCKING CAR EXHAUST !
And I am part of the problem today ;-(

Yale.... gone to the dogs in the last 5 years

Just before Lytton:  Signs of forest fires of the past:


Wow, I'll be staying in a town with 345 inhabitants?


Lytton:   The Totem Motel:

The Asian owner didn't get the Booking.com info right, he wants to put me into a tiny bedroom.... 
But I get what I want..... the first thing I do is rip open the windows and the door open.... because it's FREEZING in that room even though the a/c is NOT on..... 

There is an e-mail from Lisa ...
OMG, I so MISS these people !
The house is making progress......




....and it's GORGEOUS ;-)



But back to my present reality: A quick check of the view from the 'Garden'...
The "mighty Fraser"....

.... and then I'm walking to the Agency General Store...


... and the cashier is Asian too, with a wonderful and cheery demeanour.....  no wonder they have a Chinese Museum in this town, LOL

16:15

I can't just sit in my room and eat and drink, or I'll look like the average Canadian soon ....

NOPE, I'm going for a short walk.....

....because there is somewhere I want to go....
There is a bridge here in Lytton.....
... and it passes over the Thompson River, which here in Lytton flows into the Fraser River...


OK, so I obviously have had a few ;-)
The pictures from the bridge don't turn out... but the bridge is visible in the picture below....






17:00

I check out hotel prices in Vancouver over the weekend..... the Gay Pride Parade is on Sunday.... and the already insane prices have increased from $200 to $250 for that day..... 

17:10

The Motel WiFi becomes unusable....

17:15

A woman starts playing trumpet (REALLY BADLY) right in front of my window...

17:30

I check with the receptionist whether his WiFi router is acting up... Nope, that's just NORMAL..... FUCKING THIRD WORLD LIVING!


20:30


No comments:

Post a Comment