Saturday 24 August 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (V-VI):.... Living in "Sweden"....

2:45
Bloody jet-lag.....
Duolingo lessons, drink some wine, do some sink laundry...


6:00
OOOH.... that feels BETTER ;-)


7:00

Over to the kitchen.....Ti/n has problems opening his eyes..... I wish I could sleep like that... I just found the Co Viet Nam stickers....
.... and with the help of some scissors my helmet is transformed ;-)

and what happened here..... I am all of a sudden listening to Morrissey and The Smiths.....

....that would have been a good thing to listen to in 1984.... alas, I was living in Germany ;-(

7:30
It's time .....


Nha Kraut ;-)





8:15
10:15
The phone rings.. I have to meet the carpenter..... How HIGH do I want my bed ???? 
How the hell am I supposed to know?  Who ever measures the HEIGHT of their bed ?  

Back to my room, move the bicycle over to Sweden, move the scooter over to Sweden .... I'm moving !

11:30
I've arrived in "Sweden".... WHY does the other guest have to be a GERMAN woman doctor ????

13:00

17:00
? WTF? FOUR hours of sleep?

It's summer.... the Vietnamese are at their beach....
the same spot will be deserted in November ....


someone is burning again...




17:45
A Vietnamese Pizza to round off the day...
..... and then I hear a semi-familiar voice call "Han" from the beach....
 LORD, I'm going to MISS Ti/n so much ..... 


22:00
Drunk Discussions with Johann & Ani at the Beach Bar and with Ti/n and Tam in the kitchen.... I'm LOVING this life .....

4:30
Ouch.... drinking on a bar stool is not good for my neck.... 

And when I get my wine from the freezer, I find that it is FROZEN... (quelle surprise ;-)
 The camera is acting up AGAIN.... now it's the Zoom that doesn't work ;-(


 Bac Si Duc is also awake early..... I'm no longer the only weirdo who wakes up early and watches the amazing sunrise ;-)
What a way to start the day ;-)

6:15
Another revelation..... the shower yesterday soaked my roll of toilet paper.... but I remember Bobby mentioned using that thing that I always assumed was a Vietnamese substitute for a toilet brush not as a toilet brush but as a bum-cleaning water jet....... 
HELL YEAH, that works WELL  !



7:30
a one hour long chat with bac si Duc.....

.... and then a truck delivers about 20 or 30 BRAND-NEW bicycles...
.... I clue in right away... but the German doctor at first thinks they are rental bikes.....
NO.... a benevolent group from Sai Gon is celebrating their 5th annual gift-giving event at the beach today and they brought a truck load of new bicycles for the village kids...... I LOVE THIS COUNTRY....


9:00
I might as well go swimming again ;-)


I ask whether Ti/n wants to use the bicycle while I'm gone... the answer is yes, so I leave it next-door....  

9:30
God, it's HOT, even though it's overcast... I walk over to the building..... Quang wants to drink booze.... but he can't do it at home because his wife is watching..... so I throw another bottle in the deep-freeze to meet them back at the house at 11:00

10:15
Time for a kind of breakfast....even though the little ice-cream cup lacks weight and flavour...

both of which improve dramatically once I add a bit of Dalat wine ;-)

I think it's almost time to leave for Quy Nhon...... but not quite.....

No comments:

Post a Comment