Saturday 14 December 2013

Tropical paradise ? (Maybe not)

What HERESY is that?
What could be wrong with never ever needing a heating system, socks, or a tuque again?
What's wrong with FRESH pineapple, papaya, and Mahi Mahi?
What's wrong with an endless horizon, appallingly blue water, and all kinds of wildlife right in front of the balcony?
What's wrong with tanned, toned people running around in shorts?

Nothing whatsoever.  I was not looking into getting some property on this island for no reason ;-)
Then I take the trip up to Mauna Kea and our guide & bus driver is a Geologist.
And he tells me that the air quality in Kona is actually the worst of any cities in the US.  Call it Vog or Volcano farts ;-)


But the straw that broke the camel's back came out of an entirely different direction.  I haven't eaten any chocolate in a while, so at the local KTA market I pick up something typical Hawaiian and yummy. Macadamia nuts covered in chocolate.  Only at home do I discover the additional writing on the package. SUGAR FREE.  Sugar free chocolate?  What HERESY is that?  Some Satan mixed Sucralose into the mixture.
I can't live in a country like that !

No comments:

Post a Comment