Saturday 6 July 2013

Saint Malo, la belle ( A glorious day in a gorgeous city)

And if I say Saint Malo, I don't mean the giant tourist trap Saint Malo inside it's century-old castle walls.  I mean La Plage du Sillon, the beach that extends East from the walled city.  Walking along this beach or the promenade, or sitting in a hotel room with a window facing that beach is something to be experienced.  When I went to try to recharge the minutes on my Orange Cell Phone earlier today (Hint: Orange Stores CAN NOT do it. Every TABAC store sells the vouchers, and any NICE hotel receptionist will make the phone call for you, unless you speak fluent French and can handle computer voices ;-), I found out that there are actually quite a few GORGEOUS other districts of Saint Malo that are not run over by tourists and postcard shops.
But here are some pictures for the eye gluttons:


My OLD camera could NOT have done this ;-)




Then it's fog time ;-)  Absolutely freaky, especially since it does not get cold. The ocean vanishes but you can still hear it. At least that way one knows which way the hotel is ;-)






Then it's time to head to the Orange store. Even though it was a trip that did not produce results in cell-refill matters, it  was a trip well worth taking ;-) My pseudo-nephew Mika would have been ecstatic (that's why there are so many pictures of this pirate ship ;-)














I had never ventured to the other side of Intra-Muros, but now that I'm here, might as well take some pictures ;-)








When I get closer to the cell phone store, I get anxious and start skipping quite a few gorgeous spots, but here are a few:













And it isn't even evening yet ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment