Saturday 6 July 2013

Le tour de France a Saint Malo (C'est vrai? Mais Oui!)

This morning I booked a hotel in Saint Malo again for next Tuesday, the 9th of July. I will be cycling from close to Mont Saint Michel back to Saint malo.  Then it will be time to check out how to get to Cologne by train.
Just 5 minutes ago the receptionist called me in my room to tell me that on July 9th the Tour de France (the real one, and I'm not kidding) will have an etappe from Saint-Gildas-de-Bois to ....where do you think?.... Saint Malo !
HOW WACKY IS THAT ???? Even for a snake in the year of the snake ;-)

If you think I'm pulling your leg, READ IT HERE.

I hadn't even paid attention to where the tour is or goes. The only time I paid attention was when Google changed its title page.
I just found out that the entire street leading to my hotel will be blocked because you-know-who will cycle along there.  So the question is:  Do I get up early in Pontorson, race the Tour to Malo, and try to sneak through as a pedestrian to get a glimpse, or do I let them win so I can cycle on an unblocked road that only a couple of hours earlier the Tour de France passed over?

Decisions, decisions ...

Ooops.  I just realized that with this title, this post might just become the most-ever-visited post of all the blogs I'll ever write ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment