Wednesday 31 July 2013

An RCMP Musical Ride (a tad on the cacophonous side)

The program included 2 crowd-warming acts:  A sunshine-coast cowgirl's riding troupe performed nice circles and patterns on the dried-up grass field, but the music was modern country at its worst, so I was just hoping for it to be over.  Country is one of the things my ears can not abide.  Yes, they are strange ears, because as usual, the bag pipes of the next warm-up, an Irish pipe and drum marching band, gave me goose bumps, and almost made me fall in step behind the band when they left.  Bagpipes always had that effect on me, almost like the view of ships leaving a harbour heading towards the horizon.
Then it was time for the RCMP Musical Ride. The riding was excellent, but the accompanying music would have made my grandmother cringe, who, like myself, would have expected more like the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.  But this ain't Vienna, I got used to the music and enjoyed the riding, even though the choreographed patterns were a bit hard to decipher if one sat at ground level at the side of the field.  Some pictures:










Picture-taking time


No comments:

Post a Comment