Wednesday 3 July 2013

A rant: Mr Soul or "Is it strange I should change? I don't know, why don't you ask her."

Seems Neil Young has an answer for everything

I was raised by the praise
of a fan
who said I upset her

A personal friend this morning voiced an opinion about the content of this blog.  Seems it wasn't what it could be. Or too much of something. Be that as it may:  I am not Jessica Simpson. I am not selling my soul while singing to keep people content and make a buck.  Don't get me wrong; I actually think I am doing a tiny bit of good with this blog.  A tiny bit of inspiration to travel. A tiny bit of information about far-away places. A tiny bit of wisdom from a Crazy Kraut Brain. You get the idea.


Any girl in the world
could have easily
known me better


But this is not a "pret a porter", "pret a manger", and particularly not a "pret a lire" effort. I am not trying to deliver pre-digested pieces of happiness. And I'm not writing this to selectively piss people off, unless they deserve it. This is MY blog. And while I'm pleased as cheese (or whatever the expression is) about having some readers and having some kind of exchange about some topics (I LOVE comments ;-), the chief audience I am writing this for is moi, le roi ;-)


She said, You're strange,
but don't change,
and I let her



Of course, this being a very public thing posted for anyone in the world to read instead of a cute little bed-side diary, I have to be flexible. I'm trying not to majorly insult anyone's feelers in either word or image unless they deserve it.


For the race of my head
and my face
is moving much faster


Every day spent travelling, writing, or doing something different is changing me. I am a different person today compared to the person I was yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment