Monday 8 July 2013

An ode to Calovados (NOT, it was Rhum avec de fruit)

I had lunch right next to my hotel in Saint Malo (Restaurant Le Bouche a Oreille; he hotel internet reaches into the restaurant) and when I ask for 'un cafe' and the bill afterwards, I get my espresso (that really is an inappropriate Italian word for what I'm drinking) accompanied by some chocolate wafers (they are CIVILIZED, the French!), and a shot glass of je ne sais quoi. But it tastes DIVINE (maybe the 'quart de Rose' that I had before makes it taste even better ;-). Inquiry with the waitress destroys my suspicion of Calvados (a VERY LOCAL beverage that I have never tasted), because it is some kind of Rum made of or with fruits. But it is so good it actually would be worth getting a monstrous hangover from ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment