Monday 8 July 2013

This ain't no Duk-ling (or Pirating the coast of Brittany)

Today is Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.  This is the day when the Tour de France comes to Saint Malo.  Gazillions of old and young people in coloured tight plastic clothes with very light-weight bicycles were already cruising the streets yesterday. Of course they were greatly impeded in that by Gazillions of huge trucks with satellite dishes on their roofs and even larger trucks carrying advertising slogans on their outsides and god-knows-what in their insides.  The circus has come to town.  But the whole marketing thing has put me off le Tour already.  So I was looking for a way out.  And I think I have found it ;-) 
In Hong Kong I remember seeing this Junk boat with red sails in the harbour and looking at it with yearning. After I found out I could go on 1-hour trips on this Junk (the Duk Ling), I went on it 3 times and it was fabulous ;-) (Look for that in this Blog in the April posts).
Now, there is this cool-looking sailing ship cruising the coast of Saint Malo. It looks like it belongs on this coast (see pictures below).  And starting at 9 am today I will be on board ! I bought the ticket yesterday for 30 Euros on the replica of the pirate ship anchored in the port close to the main tourist area.  Amazing pictures should follow later. If I don't get sea-sick ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment