Sunday 7 July 2013

Menhir Envy (le Menhir de Champ-Dolent close to Dol-de-Bretagne)

So I arrived at Dol-de-Bretagne (pictures of the amazing trip will follow in the 'wee ride' post) and one of the first postcards that catches my eye has a giant menhir on it WIKIPEDIA lists it as the largest standing menhir in Brittany. And it's even here in town!
Time to check myself in the mirror:

And after a Galette Super Cancalaise
(Scallops in mushroom bacon cream sauce on Galette, with salad and curry rice), I head out the 2.5 km ride to Champ-Dolent, where the menhir was erected. But not before I feed this Mini-Max some left-overs ;-)

Some views along the way:


Heron in tight right turn


Don't ask where! They're everywhere!

Then it's Menhir time!



It's HUGE. And VERY PHALLIC!  There was another gang of cyclists there, who offered to take a picture of me in front of it.  I politely declined the advice of "Sit on top !".

I DID NOT take this picture! (or maybe I did ?)






No comments:

Post a Comment