Thursday 4 July 2019

Gulag Living (II).... Hello Gulag, my old friend.... where is my fucking bag? Oh, here it is !

2:00
NO phone call yet..... WHERE is my backpack?.....  PLEASE do not tell me that they have managed to LOOSE it..... NO!, I usually do not get too attached to THINGS.... but Chuong's shirt is in there...... and replacing the medication, camera, all my specialized USB cables, etc etc would take SO MUCH TIME.....

I try to get back to sleep, but through the connecting door I can hear loud voices from the next room... WHAT is WRONG with this city?


And YES, the title is again a reference to yet another fabulous song from the 60s ;-)  


5:00

As soon as I try to sleep again.... I start noticing the noise made by all those night-crawlers in the neighbouring rooms...... There must be some kind of way out of here ....

At home: 12 inches of rain..... a bad time to be in Sa Pa !

.... but it's still 32 and sunny at My Beach ...

6:00

NO phone call, NO news of my bag..... I am fearing the worst.... and it's not all the usual stuff I'm afraid of losing.... I fear the loss of Chuong's shirt !

6:30

the PHONE RINGS ..... and YES, it is about the luggage... they will drop it at Grandma's door between 8 am and noon...... WHAT a relief, I don't have to go shopping for new undies today...


7:30

Sleeping simply is not possible.... I HATE Jet lag.....but at least I have a very good book to read ;-)












9:00
Time to hop on the bike and fight my way through traffic to the liquor store.....
$37.75 for two bottles..... phew.....

11:45

I direct the car through the annoying traffic to Grandma's to pick up my bag, which should have been delivered by now, and I told them expressly to leave it outside.... I get to the house... NO BAG.....But it's NOT the delivery people's fault...... Grandma moved it inside.....

But I have my bag back ;-)


13:00


....and I sleep for FOUR HOURS.... right through the afternoon.


TEVA CANADA SUCKS......


Teva Sandals are the best..... and the US site Teva.com has a huge and varied selection.... but a few years ago, some greedy Canadian company made a deal with Teva US that all sales to Canada would have to go through Teva Canada.  Unlike my last attempt, you can't even get to Teva.com (the US site) anymore if your computer is located in Canada.... FREEDOM & LIBERTY !!!


So what is the problem?

The problem is that instead of the >100 models choice I get on the US site, Teva Canada only stocks a measly 15 or so models of men's sandals.... and most of them are UGLY as HELL (Canadians seem to like that...).  



Last time I went through shopping for new shoes, I checked out the models on Teva.com and then bought the shoes on eBay ..... but I no longer can do that since Teva took away that option (FUCK YOU!).


But I got LUCKY this time... there is ONE model on Teva Canada that I'm willing to wear ;-)


20:30


Denny's..... not really to eat but more to visit Eda....


Another curry bowl....

....that's left-over breakfast for tomorrow..... but WTF? I ask for the rest of the meal to go and Grumpy Waitress simply hands me a Styrofoam container.....  OK, I don't mind saving money on tips.....

21:30


23:30

awake AGAIN?



No comments:

Post a Comment