Wednesday 3 July 2019

Gulag Living (I).... Gulag doesn't live here anymore? Oh, YES, it DOES! Grumpy Grandma!

I am WIDE AWAKE at 1:15 am..... the thought that I'm suffering from my current clothes predicament only because some arsehole in Taipei decided that transferring my luggage between planes was not worth the time only makes it worse......

My motel doesn't even have lotion anymore in the bathroom..... my lotion is in my luggage in Taipei.... my tan is going to fall of like dandruff.....     I should have just stayed in Vietnam !





Well, at least I'm getting my Vietnamese lesson done early.... but somehow it seems beside-the-point when I'm not in Vietnam ...


3:30
NO, I simply can't sleep.....

Oh, you're wondering about the title.....?   Here is the explanation..... well, kind of, LOL.

5:30
At least they have an emergency toothbrush kit at the reception desk ;-) .....I've watched Netflix again for the first time in 6 weeks....... NOT happy about it, but there simply is nothing else to do in this town .......

An e-mail from the overseas communication relay in Dresden:  Quang wants me to list the amounts I have paid him to match it with his records....???  A bit unorganized?
6:00
The gas station is open and I buy some moisturizing lotion..... and I stare in disbelief at the remnants of my Motel of 7 years..... It's almost gone... but My Room is still standing ;-) 

6:45
I'm HUNGRY but I really don't know what I should order at Denny's ....  I end up going for Chicken Curry Bowl....
...at least then I'll have left-overs for lunch...
The food is actually edible and probably even semi-healthy....


HELLISH NOISE wakes me at 11:30....they're tearing down the Earls Restaurant today....

Rain in the forecast for 3 days..... that means I'll get some wine & a rental car ;-)

12:30
I have the wine & the car..... the Vignon goes very well with the left-over curry ;-)

Time to visit Grandma...... who at first is nice, but quickly gets grumpy when I also talk to Nurse Jessica instead of exclusively to Grandma..... c'est la vie.... 

I get some socks & clothes from the basement....laundry can wait.... 

Colonoscopy appointment confirmed..... getting old is NO fun when you have to do these things as a precautionary thing....
time to take the bike home.... I'll pick up the car later.....


19:23
The bus is 4 minutes late and it is PACKED.... standing room only.... no wonder if the bloody thing only runs once every half hour ;-(

But I decided to take the bus to pick up the car at Grandma's..... Not only to save about $15 for the taxi (some people have to work more than one hour to make that) but also that other thing that EVERYONE seems to talk about but NO ONE seems to be willing to DO anything about....  CO2 emissions and global warming..... 

21:00
I've come back from my first grocery shopping trip...$33  ... for WHAT??? Bread, cold-cut, cheese, yogurt, pretzels..... that would cost 5 Euros in Germany... WHAT a fucked-up country I'm in! Naturally I was the only one there on a bicycle, even though the weather is actually nice today.   And lots of those people who take their car to the store to buy ONE item..... 
ROT in HELL, Ignants!  (NO, that's not me talking, that will be what your Grandchildren will tell you!)













21:30

No comments:

Post a Comment