Saturday 20 July 2019

Bicycle Mania (V):...Twice NO to Texada... and a day in Powell River

6:00
Wow...too much cycling, too much food, too much wine....  I finally figure out the A/C unit in my room.... and it DOES HEAT ;-)

7:30

I've made up my mind..... to not take advantage of Andrea's offer of a day or overnight sailing trip.... 
I feel worn out, I need to do laundry and catch up on e-mails & this blog, and I have to move rooms....  the day would end up being WAY TOO HECTIC.... and I've learned from experience that this never works....


9:00

Only 2 hours until the official check-out time..... I hope they get the new room ready quickly... I don't want to be homeless for 4 hours....

I call Chantal and she's still in bed, LOL.

that could be them leaving on their boat excursion
10:15
Shite.... time to pack and vacate for a while... When all I really want to do is have a nap !

11:00

I check my online Mastercard account.... Did they charge me THREE times for my room last night?  That's what the website says.... there is supposed to be the pre-authorization, the cancellation of the latter, and the actual charge, and the second one of them is supposed to have a 'minus' sign in front of it.... but it does NOT...... I'm surprised that I'm not huffing and puffing and foaming at the mouth.... I'll check again tomorrow before I check out but I point it out to the manager already...  and he 'promises' me that my new room might already be ready in one hour..... Good stuff!

But I have time to kill....  down to the water line.... 


Vancouver Island looks COLD



the water looks COLD

11:30

Thaidal Zone opens and I haven't had breakfast yet....

The food is surprisingly GOOD... but I should have ordered a higher spice level!



12:10

I shouldn't have finished the whole portion and should have left some for the microwave in my room.... but I want to kill at least another half hour before returning to the motel.

12:30

The receptionist is SO NICE.... in another life, I'd ....
The room is ready !  And it has a kitchen and a view ;-)

13:30
Sink laundry is complete.... 
 ....and the bike is a perfectly adequate Drying Rack ;-)




I am shaken out of my wonderful sleep by the ringing phone..... Andrea is staying on the island, so no BBQ tonight.... and I realize something.... that is the SECOND TIME on this trip !?! ..... NO Vietnamese person would EVER DARE to do something similar.



16:30  WOW, what a nap... 

At 18:15 I am trying to push open the Powell River Mall doors to reach the liquor store located inside.... they are LOCKED !  A very kind janitor unlocks the door, sticks his head out, and asks me whether I'm trying to get to the liquor store.  YES.... it's CLOSED ..... but the janitor directs me to a private one just 500 meters away ;-)


A quick stop at Safeway for bread, cheese & yogurt... and I race home because now I feel famished!


21:00

An Arctic sunset?



No comments:

Post a Comment