Thursday 25 July 2019

Bicycle Mania (X):.... Island living.... it's stunning... but not for me...

7:00

I sleep a Long sleep.....

....VERY nice surroundings to wake up in ....
....but it's COLD outside, as I find out when I smoke !
Oh, for Fuck's sake.... it's the end of July... HOW can it be COLD ????

James makes fabulously healthy oatmeal for breakfast.... and the view is spectacular


10:30

it's WARM in the sun but still COLD in the shade....

11:00

A shared activity:  We're bringing the truck to the other side of the island
summary of the journey:  The road is ATROCIOUS !
Thank god we are WALKING back ;-)
 12:00
I was planning to take the ferry to Tsawassen tomorrow and then to return to Vancouver..... but when I check out hotel prices over there, I am repulsed !  $230 + taxes per night?   You gotta be kidding!

Should I head back to Crofton and go back through Nanaimo?


12:30

James has to work.... and his work is like mine ... it requires him to push the PAUSE button on his life...   so I'm sitting on this paradisaical island... with no one to talk to except Rufus, rapidly diminishing booze rations, and absolutely no way to get to the nearest store...   

Panic in Paradise !

13:00

Lunch....OMFG, this man can cook!.....This is Michelin-level food.....




Despite the warnings to conserve water:  I NEED to do sink laundry ! (Only that many clean undies that fit in my saddle bags ;-)



16:30

No, I couldn't handle island living in the long run... having to take a boat to get anywhere?... I don't think I quite have the inner peace yet to just stay on some rock in the water for a long time... strange... maybe with the right man.... but definitely not by my lonely self!


18:00

James takes a break from work... 

Hello Rufus!

....we're going on a boat trip to semi-civilization!


two people squinting in a boat



First stop:  The Korean corner & booze store....  Thank god, I get to replenish the reserves ;-)

Then a short car ride to whatever the pub on Galiano is called..... The fish burger is fabulous, the fries are atrocious, and the service personnel consists of uneducated young tip-hungry wretches.... (I'm old and I get to speak my mind now ;-)




Yes, those pants fit very well ;-)














23:30


Ooops, that went for longer than expected.... I will have to set my alarm clock!




No comments:

Post a Comment