Sunday 23 June 2019

Tokyo Day 4... back to the hospital, being pinned under a giant rock, and a birthday party

5:30
a nice LOONG Sleep ;-)

Waking up with a view of the overcast concrete jungle in front of my Tokyo suite, I particularly enjoy Lisa's e-mail..... a view of Chez Chris & Bai Bien Cua Toi..... apparently they finished tiling the roof.... now it can rain.... ;-)


7:30

Let's start running those necessary errands... I need a train ticket for early tomorrow morning!  Which means I have to walk to Shinjuku Station...

I even try one of those machines.... there is an ENGLISH button after all.... but it only will sell me Narita Express tickets for today,  but not for tomorrow morning.......


I keep wandering around.... the tourist information does not open until 9:00.... 



...until I finally find the JR Lines ticket office ... I get my airport train ticket for another 2990 Yen.... and it will get me to the airport by 7:18.... perfect timing!




9:00

Now is the time that I SHOULD get into a taxi.... does the Inner Schweinhund win and I'll have a nap first?....



The Schweinehund won and I have trouble waking up at 10:30.... I better get going....

Again, the hotel calls me a taxi.... some confusion this time.... again the driver with the gloved hands.....


As I had feared.... the pills were already included in my hospital bill.... but now I'm paying CAD 100 for the return taxi to pick them up, LOL.


I have to wait for a few minutes for a taxi to arrive......and the Hotel Address Card does its trick again.... THANK GOD they gave me one of those, LOL.


As I suspected.... I get to the hospital and pick up my pills for FREE.... If I only had known that yesterday, LOL.

I get another taxi reasonably quickly (I'm on a hospital driveway after all;-) and the hotel address card does the trick again...
Political campaigning?


 The Ginza District..... when I was younger I'd never thought I'd say this.... Replacing Palaces for worshiping God (Cathedrals) or Palaces for worshiping wisdom (Universities) with Palaces for worshiping consumption (Shopping Districts like Ginza) is NOT a good thing..... it fucks up a society's collective mind !

I'm back in my room at 12:00....



Need a meal to go with this ....
A sandwich will have to do..... and then .... OMG ... I can't stand or sit... I need to SLEEP !

For the first time in my life I experience that feeling "of being pinned under a giant rock".   It takes every last bit of will I can muster NOT to simply stay in bed and sleep....


16:30

A last shopping trip....after all I don't want to be starving in the morning... but maybe I went a bit overboard ;-)

18:00

I turn on the TV.... WHY? .... I have no idea... Karma intervention? ...because it's worth it.   CNN is airing The Keepers, a show about traditional Vietnam ;-)




LOL....I've been there and shed tears at the beauty

18:30

Time to go....there is a birthday party to attend to ....
.....walking through Shinjuku at dusk..... new and interesting, but not really my thing...
a bit Blade-Runner-ish

I find the restaurant on the top floor of a shopping mall within Shinjuku Station:






Happy 50th, Mr. Poon !


















On the way back towards our hotels, right after Alan gives voice to his theory that rain water makes one's hair fall out, I finally get a picture of one of these signs...
It is really TRUE

22:00

Full, Tipsy, Happy, Tired..... what a fun night....  DoDsche Mr. Poon!

No comments:

Post a Comment