Thursday 27 June 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (II).... a haircut, a wine run, Vietnamese Pizza, and not much else ....

2:30
This is getting worse..... the Japan trip really messed up my inner clock !

3:00

There is an e-mail from Chyong...it's about the shirt & the shoes .....  what a brainy & nice guy ...  


6:00
a smoke on the terrace.... and the air is FILLED with my favourite beasts.... hundreds of Dragonflies patrol the airspace.... a big grin spreads across my face..... I haven't seen a single one in the month that I've been here.... where did they come from today ?

7:00

left-overs breakfast with an antibiotic pill ;-)


 GOOD MORNING, Viet Nam !




8:00

Happy 50th, Stonewall !   A heartfelt Thank You to that generation that did so much!
And a BIG middle finger to all those bigots with their miserable lives who still manage to HATE today !

8:30

Time for a visit to Q to prepare for the bank run... Alas, he is not home.... but his adorable puppies are ....

 .... and I postpone the Song Cau trip .....


9:30

NO, I might as well go NOW....


9:45

Oh. The hairdresser is OPEN... and already has another customer.... let's get this over with.... I NEED to get a haircut anyway before returning to Canada.... I might just make 6 weeks without paying Canadian prices ;-)


The other customer is getting the full treatment.... haircut, shave, and ear cleaning... I step out onto the porch for a smoke ... making sure to keep my bare feet in the shade.... the concrete in the sun is HOT!..... when I come back in, the owner just grins at me and indicates that I should smoke on my chair inside...... I just mumble "O Ca Na Da, luon luon hut thuoc o ngoai ..|

Next stop: booze store.... it takes them five minutes, but they finally find a box of White Dalat... and it's even "Export" this time..... which for some reason they charge me only the "Classic" price...






15:00

no energy again..... maybe a swim will do the trick ....
LOL.... I am going to LIVE HERE .....



17:30

Time for a dinner adventure at the stands at the beach (there was ZERO of them 4 weeks ago and their number is increasing ;-) .....today the woman is NOT making grilled fish (I liked that)...but something I'll simply call Vietnamese Pizza...
Rice paper... throw on a raw egg, green onions, tiny dried shrimp babies, and a bit of packaged cha lua, put it on the charcoal grill, and serve it with sweet chili sauce ....
....all for less than 50 US cents.....  the good life ;-)

17:00
The Vietnamese are discovering their beach...... this is a new afternoon phenomenon and I'm loving it ;-)
 I've rarely seen the fishing boats out this early !



18:30 

Time to visit Q......
For 10 minutes, the conversation flows entirely in Vietnamese.... except when he tells me to meet him tomorrow at 16:00 to DO WHAT?   Good thing there is Google Translate..... to choose my toilet and sink, LOL.

20:00



No comments:

Post a Comment