Saturday 8 June 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XXI & XXII) HUNGOVER but HAPPY....and Humbling Happenings...

6:00
Why is it so FUCKING bright?   Why does my head HURT SO much?  And WHO is that OLD man that stares back at me from the bathroom mirror?

The man with the SUP board is already there and as promised wants to take me out onto the water..... I feel horrible for saying NO to him....  but there simply is NO point in my present state..... I can barely walk and stand straight.... so it's NOT a good time for my first attempt at stand-up paddling....  This SUCKS..... but Tam's birthday was important.... OK, lame excuse... I just friggin drank TOO MUCH..... but it was FUN, I think..... LOL


There is a mental HAZE that fogs up memories of the evening.......   NO, absolutely nothing bad is below that fog...I'm certain of that!   But I do remember that people seemed to have fun (except the usual suspects) and most importantly that Tam was having a very good time (even though she does NOT like Cosmos ;-), and that is all that matters!


7:30

For some strange reason, the Hair-of-the-dog therapy is NOT working..... I'm just getting drunk again without the desired lifting of that brain-fog......  a good time to remember what Julian told me on Koh Rong..... If you haven't been to an AA meeting, you're NOT an alcoholic, you're just a regular DRUNK ;-)


8:00
Q&Tam&Thay at the breakfast table.... everyone is just grinning and giggling..... then B shows up and the happy feeling just EVAPORATES...
... how TRES BIZARRE !

BUT..... and I say this while I'm dancing in my room again.....


And what is that about?  ..... the insecurity or depression or whatever it was of the last few days is gone...... I am myself again. Or am I someone else that I was meant to develop into?  Who cares?  The mindset that I associate with being HERE is BACK.....


8:30

Hair-of-the-dog IS working.... the guy in the mirror no longer looks as scary as earlier today ;-)

9:00









I pay my tab next door...... the scrumptious (mussels, prawns, fish, chicken, pork, beef, sausages, FABULOUS salads, etc, etc ...) birthday dinner for 10+ people came to 2.5 million Dong...... that's US$ 11 per person.... and that's at a place with "Western" prices.....  ZERO complaints.... I just feel GRATEFUL that Bobby stepped up to help at a moment's notice !


I've heard and mentioned before that this country is like therapy... it might sound like an empty phrase..... but try LIVING it ... :

  
Ton tai la co gang thang, song la co gang chia se ! 

11:00
I'm back from the property with my Swedish brain consultant..... he didn't find anything amiss that I might have missed...... that was the point of the exercise....

11:30

nap?

I guess not.....

 OMG, fresh pineapple sliced into Yogurt.....
..... NOTHING from the store can compare 

14:00




15:30






17:00

Only ONE of these....and Lisa is drinking coffee ;-)


Another soup dinner..... The vegan woman eats all the meat, lOl.



4:00
I've been awake for a while, trying to doze more.... but no....

5:00






is that who I think it is galloping towards me  ???


of course it is.... Hello Puppy !
7:30
A good nap.... both for body and mind ;-)

And a walk......












and a swim...


9:30
A gracious (?) offer NOT to build a WALL in front of my south-facing window..... well.... they might NOT be allowed to build a house there ANYWAY ..... que sera sera !

9:45
and another swim....


I only just now realize how wise it was to get that multiple entry Visa.... if I hadn't obtained that I would be standing at Narita Airport in 2 weeks wondering why they don't let me onto the plane back to Vietnam ;-)

11:30
More last minute planning steps with Lisa......  did she really just mention J's white arse in a three-way???  OMG.... I have found my master, LOL.   But more importantly...... we actually MIGHT have permits next week ;-)


14:00

If you ever want to feel REALLY OLD: 
 ..... go play Frisbee with a 13-year old in the ocean........ 

15:30
Tha/i is back....... and he puts the scare in my regarding my visit to Japan with THIS video, LOL   1.5 hours later he takes the kite out..... and it's flying HIGH !  GOOD.... at least the bloody thing gets USED and spreads JOY !

17:30

I should get ready ...... it's almost dinner time....














On the terrace afterwards..... A lesbian woman and a homosexual man play substitute parents to a 13 year old kid whose parents keep telling him to look away if there are queer people on the street.....   

I was once in my life in DIRE need of proper substitute parents ... so I know what that feels like.... and I'm DELIGHTED to pay the favour forward...... and there is a little tongue-in-cheek smirk.....This delightful kid's parents tried to get him away from the 'debauchery' of Da Nang life by sending him right HERE...... LOL.... little do they know that Karma messed up their messed-up plans....and I'm sure that this kid will have a better life just because of two older people speaking out openly about what's what.   And that is RAT QUAN TRONG !
But I still have to turn him down when he asks me to come along on tomorrow's road trip, LOL.

Speaking of speaking:   I download the OFFLINE English-Japanese dictionary to my phone.... I'm going to NEED it !



22:00

OMG, what a GOOD day..... a day of hanging out with LOVELY people and of trying to pay the GOOD stuff forward.... almost gives one hope that this world might just make it after all .....




No comments:

Post a Comment