Tuesday 4 June 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XV & XVI & XVII): ..... Too many Tiles, enTangled wiring, Too much food, Tired, Trust issues, and Throwing up

5:00
OMG, it's already LIGHT outside...... why did I sleep so long?  ...... Oh right...

....now I remember..... 

....and I finally remember why one particular face always seemed so familiar ;-)


9:15
An e-mail leads to more excitement about windows again.......  WHY aren't they the way I wanted them????? I'll have to get used to that.....

No point huffing & puffing..... swimming is a better idea !





...a quick trip to Quang to make a drawing.....
they LOVE my shoes....





12:30
Another lesson learned:   Cultural rot has spread to my village.... from various stories and personal experience I know that Grandma at the local gas station keeps the small change when tourists want their tanks FILLED...... one reason tourists do that is that they have no feeling for the capacity of their tank in relation to the fuel gauge.....  But there is a simple solution:  KNOW how much your tank will accept easily when your gauge is at a certain level and just order a bit less.
Lam on, nam muoi, I say and get rewarded by a smile, robber granny repeating my words, and NO lost change ;-)


13:00
Yes, it's HOT....




15:30
Shite! almost time to go again !  But this is important..... although I didn't know that we'd drive all the way to Ganh Do....




I LOVE this tile ;-)
Tile- and paint-choosing business done, I am informed that now we will go eat.... and yes, the owner is closing his shop....the journey goes further South...  all the way to a restaurant in Chi Thanh 

I loose track of how many ....
.....courses of BEEF dishes there are.... TOO MANY!

Then an endless drive home in a freezing air-conditioned car ..... and another stop....
That giant green-covered coil is the wiring for my house !  Three men can NOT lift it, we have to roll it.


ANOTHER stop at A-Stop????   To eat Yogurt????  WTF?


20:30
FINALLY back in the room....I'm exhausted!
1:00 
You gotta be kidding...... way too early..... but I'm worrying about the tiles (are the beautiful blue tiles too grooved to be able to get water and sand out of them?) and the wiring (is there even the smallest chance that they will get this right?).

No sleep for the worried !

4:00
I'm out of wine ..... 



7:00





A quick trip to the local market...... NESTLE now has several stands there at the road trying to lure Vietnamese to use BIG-BUSINESS Frankenfood instead of the local stuff. 
FUCK OFF, you GREEDY corporate BASTARDS !



10:00


12:00
Still no measurement news..... so I'm going for breakfast in Sweden.... but even here somehow it feels as if I had IGNORE ME written on my forehead today.....

An e-mail with a picture..... and my fuse blows....over to Lisa....i'm way too huffy-puffy, but I see the last bits of my imagined dream home go up in smoke......  after pissing off both Quang and Lisa, I realize a bit late that I can live with the new solution..... I should have come to that realization earlier... it will take me days to patch things up properly.....








14:30


17:00
they got their new speakers connected in Sweden.  TOO FRIGGIN LOUD

Viking bartender pretending to lick my drink


Yes, I drink them both......

I wake up at midnight....... and at 1 am I just KNOW that this day will be a complete loss again...... that familiar throwing-up feeling is back.....  and for 18 hours I'm hurling and sweating and passing out ....

18:00

It's FINALLY over ..!  I waste no time googling the symptoms.... and realize taht it a gallstone colic ..... there is a reason I try to stay away from large greasy meals !


And either you know what THIS picture symbolizes TODAY .....
...or you don't....

An e-mail from my Ferry Consultant...... and it looks as if I could be on an adventure like THIS
.... in only 2 weeks ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment