Friday 28 June 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (IV).... sleeping the day away and dreading the coming days

5:30
God, I'm slow today.... I think it's about time that I leave the beach in 2 days..... too much beach is not good for the brain ....

...but at least I finish some e-mails to friends and family that REALLY should be sent and some bicycle trip planning for July....  Gotta LIVE before I die !


In the news:

SHAME on the Italian Government!   Captain Carole Rackete saves refugees/migrants from drowning in the Mediterranean ....
.....and is ARRESTED by Italian Police.... What has the world come to when we don't even help a follow human being anymore just because they are a different colour or because they are not as rich as ourselves..... we call ourselves Christians but no-one seems to understand THAT BOOK anymore....
... that's OK, things will be taken care of..... NO, it won't be a FLOOD this time (unless you live in a low-lying coastal region)...
.... it's going to be something more complex.... June 2019 was globally THE HOTTEST June EVER recorded..... EVERYONE knows its coming, but not many people seem to give a shit.... even Dylan wrote a song about it.... A hard rain's a'gonna fall.....  Charles Darwin had a term for that:  Natural Selection ;-)


8:30



A clandestine look towards the future Chez Chris ....




10:30

A REALLY slow day..... I call Hans.... and he even answers, LOL... too bad he won't be there when I might drop by during my bike trip.....



a nap?


3:30

OMG, a FOUR HOUR nap......I slept the day away!

A quick walk along the beach...... and this is what you get when you try to build a resort and you remove the trees from what is essentially a giant sand dune:  You get sand storms ...






16:45

That Vietnamese Pizza was good.  I want another one

A brief visit to Nha Quang with a half empty wine bottle..... No translator present.... and I notice how the conversation is stumbling.... (NOT falling, just more difficult than the times when Lisa is around).

20:00
In "Sweden"..... there are THREE obnoxiously loud and DRUNK Americans there.... I do NOT want to talk to Americans..... but then I notice that they SPEAK VIETNAMESE (!!!!).... so I approach to inquire into this VERY STRANGE thing......... 
..... but they are actually VERY NICE Americans (There is HOPE!) and they are cycling from Ha Noi to Sai Gon....
GREAT FUN.... and  at 22:00 I am STRUGGLING to stumble back to my room......NEED SLEEP, LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment