Sunday 16 June 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XXIX) A sad goodbye, a wine run, a seafood dinner

3:00  WHAT time zone is my sleeping rhythm adhering to?????


7:00
I walk over to the kitchen..... the Chau buoi sangs somehow lack energy and smiles.... B is back !

Half an hour later, she messes up Tin's plan to leave by sending him to the market again.... and then continues to BITCH at her OLDER sister for 5 minutes, an absolute NO NO in Vietnamese culture.......  AGAIN:  Reading the Good Book ain't enough.... you gotta understand it !  


Then I realize that it's Sunday today..... they're going to church first.... I still have to adjust to Vietnamese time and sense of timing, LOL.  And I wonder WHY the church no longer is in Q's house... and he's not going anymore either ....






M just arrived on the neighbouring terrace and is conversing loudly with his friend/business partner. NOW is the perfect time to ride to Song Cau !


They already know me, so they are not too surprised when I buy 12 bottles at once......

The two boxes DO FIT on the scooter, even though I have to spread my legs a bit and the steering range is limited now...







a quick drink in Sweden...... Ani looks like she was crying....... on the one hand I am happy with my Vietnamese progress, on the other hand I realize how much is missing.....  toi nghi ban mot it buon...... toi muon giup nhung toi khong biet tai sao..... DAMNED... that should have been nhu the nao instead of tai sao !

14:30

Thay leaves.... I know it seems strange to the Vietnamese...but I just have to give him a big bear hug....

15:00

B tries to forbid a Viet food vendor from setting up her stand on the PUBLIC beach in front of the hotel..... The Viet woman just bickers back, shrugs her shoulders, and stays where she is.... B has met her match!

15:30

when I walk down to the water for another swim, I pass the food stall.... these people have not shied away from carrying metal tables down here.   They indicate with fingers and a sucking sound that I should eat here.... and are temporarily unbalanced when I tell them in tieng Viet "toi se di an bua toi vao mot gia"  "ngay mai !"




B is talking to the vendors again...... time to show some solidarity !


she didn't want to be in the picture, LOL
I think she just made it worse but at least she is grinning ;-)

I am SO TEMPTED !
but NO, I'm meeting people in 1.5 hours for dinner... I can't eat here now ;-(

16:00

A bit of chatting with my neighbour.....he seems like a genuinely nice guy.... so I just hope that he can count ...... 

17:00

Time to ride to the dinner place......


When I stop to take the above picture..... two DRUNK Vietnamese living in the house right there try to entice me to DRINK with them....... one is cute enough, but the other one is ALREADY drunk as a skunk...... words don't help... so eventually I just trust my scooter throttle to get me out of there.
the usual suspects 

the dip is to die for

GOD, this country is BEAUTIFUL !

Quang doing the honours (and Lisa is happy to eat 2 lobsters since I refuse after my gall stone issues ;-)




Eating is a quick affair this time..... I think it's simply TOO HOT ....

Leaving the restaurant, I see people living in these tiny huts.... no a/c, no nothing, just laying down on the wooden planks in their shorts, trying to find a cool breeze




we ride back through the dark.....

.... and decide to have one more drink in Sweden..... but everyone seems to be out of it in today's heat



No comments:

Post a Comment