Thursday 21 March 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XIII).... Latter days ... the Dark Side? .... and a sad good-bye with Cai Luong

5:00
physically and mentally groggy..... yesterday was rough on me ....

8:30

Feeling a little better but it still feels as if "My Room" is no longer HOME after yesterday's altercation.  Memories of my landwitch of 2012 keep surfacing ....

But B is gracious when I walk over to the kitchen area..... everything is OK..... at least on the superficial level ...... chapeau !...



HOWEVER...... WHAT is happening to Tin? Could he be slithering over to the Dark Side, just like the terribly handsome son of Han Solo in the Star Wars fairy-tale?  

There is a German saying that says "He who whispers lies"... 

So what am I to make of Tin & B WHISPERING to each other when I sit with them at the kitchen table?  

My head suggests that I'm just having a paranoid morning, but my gut feeling says otherwise.  But after all..... my Vietnamese must be improving, LOL.


10:15

... and I haven't been swimming yet ?


10:45:

Breakfast in Sweden .... the first solid food since yesterday's breakfast ...   having some food in my stomach does not actually change my perception of what has happened in the last 24 hours.... a good sign that my gut feeling is well calibrated ;-)

I finally settle my bar tab: $83 for 2 weeks of G&Ts & egg baguettes alone and with friends. That seems expensive for here but is a pittance compared to what I would have paid in Canada...


14:30




Under instructions not to approach the construction site, I take pictures at maximum zoom from the hotel's beach ...  they have STARTED !

18:00


It's time to head over for dinner at Quang's house.

nice view !
Quang is a happy man today, grinning from ear to ear.   Amazing how this man can radiate happiness!

Halfway through the AMAZING dinner, he tells me this is a Good-Bye dinner and that he feels like he is loosing a member of the family..... LOL, I knew I found the right people ... and I tell him  "Toi se khoc!"
The son and his cute shadow, LOL

There is a wave out of the crowd.... it's Bobby's bartender....  this truly is village life...

Quang drags us into a tiny alley off the beach..... a public gathering place?  Is THAT a public Vietnamese theatre performance?    
I could have sat on the sandy concrete floor for hours watching this....
... but Quang & Lisa motion me to leave.

A sugar cane juice (with orange and lime) on the beach and then it's time to go... I'm dead tired.... then there is a poke into my shoulder and the BIG grin of Quang's older brother... "let's go drink" he says according to Lisa's translation..... NOT today!





No comments:

Post a Comment