Wednesday 20 March 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XI & XII ): departing friends, a money brick, blah & the blow up

5:00
Oooooh.  Is that a HANGOVER I feel?  Yup.....

The fact that I only have 3 days left here does little to improve my already sluggish mood ...


As if to emphasize the tragedy of my approaching departure, the bay puts on a spectacular sunrise, LOL.










7:00

P&M are coming out of the ocean.... P&I agree: one of our worst fears is to be "NORMAL" lOl.

7:45






10:00

P&M are leaving...... which is HORRIBLE ;-)..... the last few days were a BLAST..... constant smiles, adventures, laughter, the feeling of belonging..... but they are off toward new adventures and I know that I will see them again soonish.....  but that does not alter the fact that as of now this place is no longer the same....

11:00

I walk to the kitchen area and I instantly regret having told M about the thirsty plants.... I wanted to help the running of his hotel.... but he uses it as ammunition against his employees....  which is the last thing I wanted to happen.  As always in life, there comes the time when one's conscience does no longer allows one NOT to choose sides.... 

12:00

It's a little bit dead in Sweden as well...


toi thich ot !


13:15

Time to start my Money Run ....  Q wants hai tram trieu Dong to be able to start with construction.... 

As usual, the bank employee recognizes me..... she first counts out the 200 Million in 200k bills ...it's a HUGE brick and the 200k notes are even brick-coloured..... when she points at some 500k notes, I can only say "Toi thich!" and she changes the whole amount to those, which makes the whole affair more bearable and more importantly more portable 


During the usual ice-cream stop at A-Stop ...



I can't wait to get rid of those notes..... off with it to the intended user!

15:00

The beach is swamped with plastic again..... since I'm the only one cleaning it (as usual).... I clean Bobby's beach instead of the one of my hotel ;-)

18:00

and I would have slept longer had it not been for my alarm clock!
and I'm groggy ... will food help?
the bowl of heavenly goodness under a tarp ;-)

Back in the common area of my hotel, the other young man (Quan) who works here sits right in front of me and says "toi muon hoc noi tieng anh".  


OH NO.   HOW does one TEACH someone English who knows NONE?  I show him Duolingo on his phone and tell him to use it EVERY DAY to get the basic vocabulary .... and I will TRY to speak English with him every day from now on .... which of course will at least TRIPLE the length of time required for any conversation.....


He is mesmerized AGAIN by my watch .... 
understandable since this combo of old coin-silver Hopi watch ends with a 1960s Helbros is one of my favourites as well ;-)





















22:00 I'm still feeling a bit blah.... I still haven't caught up on sleep and I'm missing people with spark.  Good thing Tin is coming back tomorrow!


4:45

I waste a good portion of my remaining telephone minutes by calling Grandma.  In an insulting and guilt-tripping voice she tells me that I had given her the information that I would be in Vancouver today.  And NO, it is IMPOSSIBLE that she erred on that subject, it must have been I who LIED to her......  some things never change.

NOT a nice way to start the day.  And that would be a problem if I was in a place that did not offer compensation..... but fortunately I am somewhere with a dawn and sunrise that make everything better ;-)


5:30









In the news.....  Most Canadians now want their pet cats & dogs to eat a VEGAN diet ...... I am at a loss for words ..... is it Late-Roman period decadence?  .... or just a wish to distance oneself from NORMAL as far as possible ..... or just plain STOOPID?   All I can say is: Get a grip and get a life..... and most importantly ... maybe it's time to touch base with REALITY ?

Hint:  Living your life in an imagined reality that is very different from existing reality is NOT good for your mental health... 


8:15
No reply from Lisa yet ..... another one of these SLOW days ....

8:45

Tin is back!   I am so happy to see him, lOl.   As for dirty-old-man-thoughts:  His Fahrgestell looks even better than I remember, lOl. 

11:00 a last trip to Quang to check my layout.....

.....and I have to Eat Yummy mussels and drink some of the Jack Daniels he is hiding behind his couch chair...

But I have to say NO to the lunch invitation ....























13:00 the picture changes COMPLETELY when I walk to my lot and start measuring the corner points of the foundaton plate......M is there.... and he tells me that the FOUR stones I am using to mark the corner points are HIS STONES and that I should use Quang's stones...  WHAT THE FUCK????

It gets much worse and I call Quang & Lisa to come to my rescue..... I am ready to bang my head against a palm tree....   B calls Quang and he arrives as pissed off as I have never ever seen him before..... M is still hanging around and making comments until I tell him bluntly ..... "You better go over there or this will get worse.  We are neighbours...there is NO POINT in getting huffy-puffy". 

 Thankfully he follows my advice......











16:45

There is an e-mail from Lisa..... Drinks @ Bobby's in 5 minutes...... God, I love seeing Quang SMILE again ... 2 G&T on an empty stomach leave me speaking in tongues.... but I still realize that I have found my patchwork family, LOL.


19:00



No comments:

Post a Comment