Thursday 7 March 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (III) ... slaying the Dragon ... chicken dinner .... and perusing floor plans

3:00

TOO MUCH is happening..... this ain't a holiday after all ....  YES, I go swimming, drink & socialize.... but I'm also about to build a house .....  that introduces a certain element of STRESS !


But I can only imagine what it will feel like when Chez Chris is complete .... AWAY from the sometimes negative energy of my present abode ....




5:30






What is he doing ?
oh... is that a net ?


definitely a net 







7:00

I talk to the guy from the next room again. 

Yet another German who now starts whining that semi-racist rant about the topic that Vietnamese should clean their beaches....... 



And yet AGAIN.... 



Mr. Chubby next door LOVES to whine but hasn't bent down yet to pick up a single piece of garbage...... 


AND .... 


here is the punch line .... 


he has a VERY well-paid job in Development Assistance in Cambodia .....   

I feel sorry for the Cambodians!

.... and it gives me a new perspective on development assistance to the 'third world'......









I fly the Dragon kite when T & B are at the beach...... I can't even remember who lets the string bottle slip from their hands .... I sprint after it and a woman coming out of Bobby's actually manages to catch the bottle and I get a hold of the line and the kite....
.... just seconds before it gets entangled in the tree.....


12:00
14:00
WHAT are they doing ?     The contractors are trying to stretch a giant tarp over my terrace..... B's idea to keep the rooms from heating up in the morning..... but now my room has become dark and the space in front of my room invariably reminds me of Bavarian Oktoberfest beer tent ...... WOMAN, you have NO taste.... I even tell her that I will move to a different room the next time I'm here...


Ooops..... M came to my rescue, Tin concurred, and when I come back from my swim, the hideous thing is GONE......Gone so quickly that I don't even have time to take a picture of it ....

15:30

Is it time to FINALLY shave and take a shower?   This has been a day to my lazy liking ;-)

16:30

Meeting Lisa & Quang at Cafe Tina again seems silly, but unfortunately it seems a necessity to ward off certain spirits.  It's the Grilled-Chicken place on the highway again.... the one we went to with the woman from Mun-Chess-Ta.... I'm surprised at how much I eat but I'm even more astonished by how much Lisa puts away ;-)

18:30

No rest yet ... we're off to Quang's place..... he thinks my place is HUGE.... but then Vietnamese houses are usually only 5 meters wide.... and Lisa finally gets to drink the left-over wine .... we chat about the world and in context I quote "We don't pray for love, we just pray for cars"..... and she knows the song and even knows the name of the artist, LOL.

19:45

Back at the house.... Tin is talking to the Austrian woman ... am I jealous?  
... or just lonely?  

21:00



No comments:

Post a Comment