Friday 10 May 2019

The race continues ....Remagen to Walldorf and drinking Lugana with Uwe again

4:00? 
MERDE, that is too early !

After a cigarette and some Vietnamese lessons, I manage to fall asleep again...


7:00

I forgot how fabulous the breakfast in this place is ...
.....but despite this overwhelming variety of food on display....

... and the view, which only tempts one to linger longer and to eat more, I limit myself to one German bun with salmon/cheese and one piece of Kirschstreussel ;-)

Because if my pants get any tighter, I'd have to leave the buttons open.... and that would be a sign of DEFEAT, a sign of resigning myself to let old age and gluttony WIN!  Can't have that !



8:00
Dreaming of home ....
..... and it's only SIX more sleeps before I'm back HOME !!!



10:15   Here we go again.... more travel....
The train is on time !   Another Regional Express... with two-level cars though this time..... NO WIFI again....


There is WiFi at Koblenz train station..... and this time changing trains in Koblenz actually works....  even though the train manages to accumulate a 5 minute delay on the last 10 minutes of its journey.




This train has WiFi again.... for a while at least...

An e-mail from Uwe.... he has a business appointment tonight.... and wants to meet up at 22:00..... Ha! No problem, because I could sleep NOW.... but how is HE going to avoid falling over?

As usual, I know WHICH side of the train to sit on when travelling through the "Romantic Rhine Valley"..... and it's much better weather than yesterday (was that only yesterday? LOL)



Boppard







The train arrives at Frankfurt Airport in time...... and it's the usual routine.... wait for the 751 bus .... walk to the hotel .... check in..... but this time there is a tiny difference..... let's blame it on the fact that I am REALLY TIRED:  I'm actually tongue-tied when talking to the ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS hotel receptionist...  a stunning view in the literal sense, LOL.  


So I'm eager to get some sleep when I get to my room.....but WTF is that noise?..... at first I assume it is some Industrial action from the scrap yard outside my window.... but NO, it is the people renovating the upper floors drilling into the walls of the room right next to me....


That's a good opportunity to walk to REWE to stock up on Rioja & Yogurt ;-)


15:00

I am tired and given the social part of the evening won't start until 21:00, now would be a good time to have a good nap....... Just when I'm typing this here, the drilling in the room next door starts up again.   LOL, sometimes one just can't win ;-)
Chao Chuong!  Cai ao cua ban o nuoc Duc!
(Hello Chuong!  Your shirt in Germany)



I can't really sleep..... think mini naps !

21:00

I'm in the restaurant early.... Uwe is still en route.... I order a bottle of the good stuff...  Lugana!



think Good wine, Good food, Good conversation .....
I'm back in my hotel at 23:45;  a great evening.... it's always nice to see some people again.... I wish we would have more time one of these days ...



No comments:

Post a Comment