Sunday 12 May 2019

Sunday Funday....A day for Heresy .... Breaking the Law and Ecstasy in the Evening !

Heresy is GOOD, if the system of the society one is trapped in is fucked-up to its core.

And it starts with smoking on my terrace at 5 minutes after midnight.....


HOW can this be heresy?   Well, in a place where you're forbidden to do pretty much ANYTHING.....
the funny part..... the hotel is NOT in the City of Vancouver but in the City of North Vancouver !
..... I am breaking the law already ! 


Trying to upload yesterday's pictures to the blog, I am again SHOCKED & APPALLED at the GLACIAL upload speeds in this country.....
Could there be a connection between upload speeds and the cerebral clock-speed of the general population of a country ?

I'm wide awake again at 2 am.....
Get some Vietnamese lessons done ...

More heretical behaviour on the balcony (I'll be damned before I put on socks and shoes and take the elevator to the front door of the hotel at his hour !)

I watch a short video on VN-Express.... and I am surprised at the speed with which the tears well up in my eyes..... I want to go HOME so BADLY !!!

While the tears are still running, I start grinning..... only FOUR more sleeps and I'll be there ....

Of course, watching Anthony Bourdain's Hue episode is just overkill after that, LOL.....
"I'm back, back in Vietnam, shit-eating grin for the duration: A giddy, silly, foolish man beyond caring."

Thank you Tony for experiencing Vietnam the right way....I didn't think HOMESICKNESS could get THIS BAD .... and watching more of this episode, I have another epiphany.... Viet Nam is a place where dreams of an exhilarating future are still so very much alive ...



4:15
More Vietnamese lessons, more wine, more heresy on the balcony...



6:00

LMAO, more HERESY for the present place of stay..... today (or next Sunday) is Vesak, Buddha's Birthday.... and VN-Express titles its lead story:
Global Peace, Sustainability, and the Buddha ...
Can you imagine more heretical words here in North America, the Capital Continent of Greed & Exclusion?

6:30

A phone call to Germany.... and some relief....I had been afraid it would be a condolence phone-call... but the woman's health is improving....


7:15
I'm sad that it's leaving before I can visit it, but I'm delighted that I got to see it at all ;-)


 Buen Viaje !
 

7:45

What is going on?   I am actually HAPPY ... in Vancouver?  
WHAT is going on ???? .... easy ....
1) I'm drunk ;-)
2) I will be meeting up with really NICE people today !
3) I will be HOME again in 3 days.... where people still smile even when the shit hits the fan !
And how could anyone resist THAT, LOL ;-)

8:30
A quick walk to Shopper's Drug Mart..... I usually HATE this store... but since I'm without transportation means right now..... it's the only place close by where I can buy some body lotion.... and I gotta preserve the last remnant of my tan, LOL.

8:45

More Heresy: Talking to animals....


...but how could I NOT talk to this GIANT seagull who knows exactly I am here but won't be disturbed picking out grass&dirt from the patio's garden?



Another fun phone call.... a call to my personal Immigration Officer (and female Ex), LOL.

10:00

Talking about Heresy: How about taking a BUS in a city where EVERYONE seems to drive a car?

I'm taking the bus to see Grandma !

My good mood day is on PAUSE only 2 minutes after I enter that house.... Grandma isn't really a Grandma, she is the human-form manifestation of a portal to another dimension through which positive energy is siphoned out of our world!

She is paranoid and unpleasant from the get-go.... WHY does one of her nurses know Grandma's neighbour so well????  WHAT is going on there? Grandma demands to know....










She never asks how I am doing but insists that I mow the lawn....only because she HATES dandelions ...... 










I have mowed about half of the lawn.... when the neighbour shows up..... with a weed-whacker ! ..... Apparently Grandma called him and asked him to get rid of the grass..... I'm halfway done with lawn... but he REFUSES to leave even though I ask him 3 times.....   

It gets WORSE!   Grandma in her most bitter tone and grumpiest face asks me TWICE why I don't finish mowing the lawn...... the fact that I'd be mowing down her neighbour while he weed-whacks the electrical lawnmower's power cord does not penetrate her rage...







I finally get out of that house at 12:30 pm....

FLYING down that hill on 2 wheels is liberating ...


Time for breakfast..... the Salmon Teriyaki from the food court below the hotel is actually very good !


The bike has a flat tire AGAIN???  HOW can that be possible?

16:00

Eda is here !!! Happy Happy !
17:30
Carlos has FINALLY made it !!!  Calling his mother in Cuba on Mother's Day apparently was anything BUT simple ....


Finally!  Positive People !
FUN!.... Laughter! .... Unexpected Revelations! ..... and Making Sense of Things ...with a little help from my friends!
I am so fortunate to have friends like this.... and I'm very surprised but also relieved and enriched to have Carlos share his particular predilection ;-)  Tesekku"r & Gracias friends!

22:00

No comments:

Post a Comment