Tuesday 21 May 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (III)..... Leisure, Lazy naps, Lisa arrving, Tin Leaving, another LONG day!

1:00
you gotta be kidding.... WHAT time zone is my body choosing to sleep in????

3:30

Time to call Grandma..... no news, no excessive bitterness, good so far....but she asks me whether I'm going to be building a room for HER in my house here...... that invokes ISSUES on SO MANY levels .....  Nurse J is not happy about the rain..... no wonder, it's 13 Celsius over there .... brrrr!

5:00


Some clouds..... that's a good thing! I don't really need a repeat of yesterday morning's HEAT !


5:30


6:00

Time to start the daily morning beach clean up!






That's what Grandma's budgies WANT, LOL. Maybe I should take a few with me ?
7:45
My Viet Kieu neighbours are leaving.... I'm sad to see them go and even sadder not to have had more time and energy to talk to them.... that woman has such incredible energy and charm !




9:00 

Time for breakfast:   
.... a RIPE mango, which in Canada I would not touch with a stick because of the soapy taste, but it tastes just perfect here...
I am 'going native' faster and further than ever before !

10:00

The hotel is void of guests..... Tin is relaxed again... nice to see ....
qu'est-ce que c'est ?


It's The Kite (#2)  .... bought in Phnom Penh ...
 and it travelled to Vancouver before coming back here to frolic

11:15





The first time my new shorts have had an encounter with the ocean !!!!

14:30

No Lisa yet..... I am tempted to drink that last remaining of White by myself, but let's not be a nguoi ich ky today ;-)  Red will do just fine for now.





16:30
Still no Lisa.... I haven't eaten yet today.... and I have no small or medium change to visit a place in the village .... Sweden it is ....

WHY does my order for a scrambled egg take SO LONG..... after 15 minutes, I ask and am informed that someone is on the way to procure eggs.... they should have just told me and I could have gotten some in my hotel, LOL.



Olives !!!!  (NOT really a Vietnamese thing )
Quan is back to admiring Hopi Silver.... on my porch and he smokes 2 puffs of a cigarette....and then repeats TWICE via Google Translate:  "I sucked it". Vietnamese behaviour is still VERY perplexing me.... especially when I notice that Tin observes from above....

19:30

An e-mail: Lisa finally arrived back in town ;-)


.....but first more waiting..... now we won't leave to meet Tin's bus at the highway until 20:00.... all this when I just want to fall onto my bed and pass out!
Vietnamese are STRANGE but FABULOUS, LOL


20:30
FINALLY.... time to meet Lisa again....Drinks with Quang & Lisa & her 2 aunts ;-)
... and I can't believe THIS is happening:    I say something with my particular pronunciation of Vietnamese.... and Quang UNDERSTANDS it and repeats it with the proper pronunciation to Lisa, who didn't get it when I said it ;-)  For the longest time it was Quang's ears that refused to speak my Vietlish!


21:45


No comments:

Post a Comment