Saturday 24 March 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (IX) Work, swim, chat,work swim & Rock Lobster

What can be more fitting for Vietnam's past and present than a song called Rock Lobster by a band named The B52s?









Thi Lan found Bhuddism after her husband died. Being a physicist, she was a stern atheist before.  Why does this sound familiar?    We sit there for a while, exchanging widow stories and quoting the Dalai Lama.  NO, it's not somber or depressing.  It's FUN. 
what I would give .....
Because just like me, she LEARNED an important LIFE LESSON from the death of the love of her life .....

My FaceBook account has been DEACTIVATED for a long time.  But NOW it is time to DELETE the thing.   NOT so easy though.    I am in Vietnam.  Even though I use Google Canada to reach the login page, it is in VIETNAMESE, LOL.   OK, waiting another few days won't make a difference, LOL.  

related:  Wish The MORON would deactivate his TWIT account ;-)
I find it hard to WORK here. The outside nature is Paradise.  Wine is available in abundance. There are lovely people here to chat with for hours.   What can I say ?  I LIKE it here, LOL.




18:00
We're at Quang's again.  Why?  It's complicated.  Something to do with overpriced food of average quality at my hotel, appeasing the guy who sold me the land, and enjoying an evening in completely different company.
In this tiny fishing village where the houses along the village road aren't even numbered and people are far from rich, people are SICK of lobster.  They eat it so OFTEN, they're bored with it.  De Long admits that she doesn't even eat the lobster tail anymore but only the brain.
Lobsters are common here.  You go get it yourself out of the ocean.   Beef however is a different story.  Because no-one would head to the supermarket to buy a steak, you only get beef when someone slaughters a cow.  


Thi Lan & Lobster tail

OK, so maybe I should have slowed down with the wine. 
They say that one should not play with one's food, LOL
But then: I'm having FUN !

No comments:

Post a Comment