Sunday 25 March 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (X) ... One perfect day in paradise ....

Are words really necessary here?
I wake up at 5:30 and try to shake off the grogginess to get OUT THERE ...

26 degree Celsius ...


All I hear is the puttering of the fishing boats and the gentle crashing of the waves....
Time to stop staring and start walking ...























I've already tried to write a post about the Mi Lai massacre, which took place not far from where I am now. Only 50 years and one week ago.  
What Governments really MEAN when they say they are fighting for freedom & democracy
By Source, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=26831511
If you think that we're living in more civilized times, watch "A most wanted Man" on Netflix !

Of course, it's not all work ...  I end up sitting at the beach and chatting with Thi Lan quite a lot.    She later shows me some pictures that she took, including one of Phap.  I almost feel like a pervert when I ask her to send that picture to me, LOL, but it would be a shame to NOT have that picture here.
OMG, Eye Candy ! 

Now what is that strange flesh-coloured bump on the shoreline? 

Yes, I admit that is me working on my sand castle. 50 is the new 5, LOL

Time to meet Quang & Delong and head for tonight's dinner.  It's my turn to invite them for a change (yes, they do count ;-) but as is common in the life of this constant traveler, I don't know the good places to eat.  So Quang helps out and takes the lead on his old scooter.

The ride ends being much longer than I expected.  After crossing the bridge, I finally realize why I have seen so many people turn off from the main road before.  This is a GORGEOUS route!

The destination has been reached.  Time to ogle living creatures in holes in the floor ;-)



The restaurant is all above water.  Parts are on stilts, but the dining part is built on floating pontoons.
DeLong is excited.  She has never been here.  Quang has only taken business contacts to eat here.  ts ts ts




... a table by the window ....


















Dinner summary:  4 happy people stuffed to the gills with oysters, mussels, snails, and whatever else I have never eaten before, all of them truly fresh & delicious.   729,000 VND is the bill.   US$ 29.  'Nough said?

Day summary: I went swimming 4 times, got some work done, got to hang out with great people, and got to eat some fabulous food, all of that in beautiful surroundings.  
WHY should I NOT want to just STAY here?

No comments:

Post a Comment