Monday 19 March 2018

A day in Quy Nhon

3:00
4:00
I call Grandma.  After her fall, the Red Cross of Canada lent us one of those walker-things for Grandma to hobble around the house with.   Now the Red Cross called and demanded its walker back.  Maybe they could have extended the loan until I'm back in town?   
Is it REALLY the charitable thing to visit an almost 100 year old woman and TAKE the walker away from her?  


Just a thought !













Time to walk to the beach.   On my way out, I renew my room for another night.



things are CHANGING around here ...



By 8 am I've showered and shaved.  And I'm facing a working day in the office.  Where my office in this case is an admittedly nice hotel room with a proper desk.   But I think I can DO BETTER. 
I fill up the scooter tank (80k Dong), about 4 bucks (they got me through a distance of 120 kms; i.e. 1 $ per 30 km), and head towards Bai Xep.   The morning air is 26 degrees and the hills are GREEN ! 
A great way to start the day.   When I get to my 'other office', Wy even even understands what I am trying to say when I exclaim "toi muon an sang". 



 How can ANYONE eat THIS MUCH for breakfast ?????



Note her head rests on my leg










  It's a good thing that I have Puppy sitting at my feet and giving me THAT look.  She gets most of the bacon, half the sausage, and half the egg.









She comes back.  At first she refuses the fries, but then realizes I really have nothing else and eats them.










I'm back at my hotel at 10:00.  I told them that 'cleaning is not necessary' but she probably only understood 'cleaning'.  So my room has been cleaned. And it has been cleaned WELL.  They managed to dig out the sink stopper (I'm NOT pushing that in again ;-), everything is tidy, and they even cleaned the ashtray on the balcony. I am IMPRESSED !

Something bit me 5 times in my armpit.  Fleas from the dog?  A mosquito caught in my sleeve on the ride back? Whatever it is, I'm not amused.   Also, the breakfast makes me feel & look like a WHALE.  Then I see a huge, pretty, but STRANGE looking bug in my room.  Instead of trying to get it out of the room, fear makes me kill it with my shoe.  Not a good state of mind. A nap might fix all these issues, I hope.



Waking up, I am informed that they won't have a room for me at My Beach today.   Duh, I wasn't planning on going back anyway.   But I'm slowly starting to wonder whether getting a 20% discount is worth being treated as the overflow guest.   Ah, I'm still moody.   Time to take a shower and I really should walk to CoopMart to buy wine and shades ;-)

Oh, also time to hit a bank machine. I'm down to half a million Dong ! Don't laugh, that's only $25).

14:30  HOLY SHIT, I sleep like a LOG here !

I meant to visit the Banh It Cham towers today, but with sleeping and work, it will have to be postponed AGAIN ;-(

next time?


Instead I manage to finally walk to CoopMart . 




2 bottles of ruou trang & I FINALLY get sunglasses.  I have been looking for the vendors with the large collection of shades on a large board for a whole week now.   And there are TWO sitting on the steps in front of CoopMart. I quickly do the bank machine and they're already leaving.  That was close.  Good deal too. Shades for 50k.  Half price of what I paid the previous two times.  But then those were proper stands at the side of the road, not the walking kind.

At the beach again:
Yes, that is a ship sunk in last November's Typhoon...








Might as well have another drink ....



No comments:

Post a Comment