Friday 12 October 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XVIII & IXX): Sun, Swim, Sand castles, Sand flies, Snooze & Snapping out of it

Good thing my bulky Sony Alpha is living at BBCT.  I have a camera again ;-)




The beach is wet and there are more isolated showers.... I came home at the right time..... this is no time for a road trip.


And YES, that old Canon IXUS that I bought in London in October 2013 is still around too.  It's lived in my suitcase here for the last year, but it might just come in handy now ;-)

B screams at Quang again..... and he just turns the other cheek .....










9:45





11:30

I give Gerda, one of the Valkyries, a tour of Chez Chris.  Interesting conversation along the way.  
I'm not the only one harbouring particular views about certain people.








14:00


that's FOUR swims today !


16:15





FIVE !
I'm a little bit proud when I view these pictures on my laptop.....
T's father taught him to throw rocks at dogs.... after all there is a chance that one of them shits in the yard...... 
and T learned all too quickly and started throwing rocks at dogs.......
.... until I told him that this wasn't a nice thing to do to nice dogs......  and he listened...... just look at these two now ;-)


B has a new "Percussion Box Chair".  Something you can squat on and drum a beat between your legs.  
Think of it as Bongo Drum meet Box Chair.  
She starts drumming and I perform a Wild Man/Jungle Cannibal dance.   When T starts imitating me, I switch to Native American Pow-Wow dancing.  
B is singing Jesus songs to her drumming and is less than impressed with my antics, but Quang and T are amused.   Good enough ;-)

I'm NOT having dinner at my place tonight.  Don't want to hear another family shouting match....... 

so I head to Sweden for dinner..... more khoay tay chien.....



In the News:


1) The University of British Columbia is issuing a warning that natural gas for heating and cooking might be unavailable as of tomorrow following a pipeline explosion in the North of the province.   Grandma's heating might be affected !


Who's living in the 3rd world, eh?


2) The province of Nova Scotia is starting a pilot project.   Burning old car tires to generate energy.  The worse part:  It's up to the Company DOING IT to monitor the resulting air quality. 


WTF? LOL !

It can't get any more 3rd world than THAT !

20:00

I'm feeling xxxxx and I'm walking to the computer to watch some xxxx and xxxx xxx, when I hear that sound......it's B., watering the flowers right outside my window at this time.....
For Fuck's SAKE, woman!  (I can't get no relief!) Give your guests some privacy!  This woman is worse than my Grandmother and that's saying a LOT !




5:00

Time to call Grandma.... She just woke up at 3 pm because her Nurse arrived.   Grandma sounds weak and asks when I am coming back......  toi khong vui ;-(




 

6:45






They know me at the village market already..... LOL...... after all I'm the ONLY white person who goes there ....
They have quyt again!   20k VND of quyt and hai banh mi trung.....


11:00
I am BORED..... Where did that excitement I felt during the road trip vanish to?  I think part of the problem is also that the other people presently here exhibit the activity & energy levels of sleeping pills.   And that is contagious ;-(

Cutting up some chili peppers and marinating them in soy sauce, I try to imitate that DIVINE spiciness at Vunam..... time will tell whether I succeeded.










A wall WILL BE BUILT around Chez Chris......  I hate the idea but if the neighbours on both sides build a wall, not having one would make the lot a thoroughfare ...


But there is also EXCITING news......  PLUMERIA grows WELL in these parts and can be propagated by simply sticking cuttings into the moist sand....  I guess I'll be carrying a knife with me on my scooter trips from now on ;-)









I'm not the least motivated to do ANYTHING........

...UNTIL...
...I stumble across THIS VIDEO; its half in German & half in Turkish!
(And Yes, the singer, Gro"nemeyer, is the same guy who played the reporter in the submarine movie Das Boot, LOL)
 It's a good thing he switched from acting to singing ;-)



Wechsel die Tapete, Atmen fu"r die Seele!
Auf Dauer wird jeder Ort zum Ka"fig !
Ich pass' nicht in die roten Linien Deiner Karte

Erza"hl von Deiner zweiten Welt, mit der dazugeho"rigen Portion Gefu"hle!

And the day transforms in a moment..... and I know what I'm doing wrong, lOl.


I am ALIVE again ....  and I MISS Istanbul !




18:00

Time for some more khoai tay & G&T in Sweden ;-)

Puppy's 'owner' proves how little he knows his dog.   
"She does not eat potatoes" Mr Sweden says, just before Puppy gulps down my leftover khoai tay again ;-)

19:30

Sitting with small-minded people after dinner back at my place, I can feel it again.  That anxious feeling that is throwing a cage around my soul that keeps constricting until I can barely breathe.....

NO!  I will NOT allow THAT to happen.   RESIST ! 


Atmen fu"r die Seele!



No comments:

Post a Comment