Monday 29 October 2018

Parts Unknown.... FINALLY ! (CGN - FUE) .... Do they have Coal Mines on the Canary Islands ?

3:30
Good thing I went to sleep at 18:30, because I actually don't mind getting up at this hour ;-)

4:10  I pay my semi-outrageous rate for the room and I'm about to start my morning walk to the terminal (because at this hour there is not supposed to be any shuttle service......  

NOT
.....when I hear the receptionist tell two stewardesses that their ride is ready.   
Can I hitch a ride with THEM?   How much is it?     
It's FREE, says the receptionist......  Good Karma..... and to preserve that good karma I tip the shuttle driver.... and judging by his expression that is something that does not happen often.





Check-in takes 2 minutes and then it's time to face Cologne Airport security again.  
And their money making scheme is still in effect....... 
my TWO-Liter sandwich bag has passed EVERY security inspection on the FOUR circumnavigations of the world this year...... 
but they WILL NOT let it pass here.  

Just like the last time I flew out of Cologne (Istanbul?), I have to buy a ONE Liter baggie for ONE EURO.  

   
State-sanctioned HIGHWAY ROBBERY !

Ah well, In Canada they would call it an airport-improvement fee, LOL.


The odd thing:  If they would charge ONE EURO for access to the always present SMOKING LOUNGES in the secure zone, I wouldn't mind paying it at all ;-)


4:45

1.5 hours until lift-off....
time for a chocolate muffin and a glass of wine ;-)

5:15

1 hour until lift-off.....
....should I have another glass of wine ....?  OH NO, there is a line-up at the counter now ;-(

5:40

The counter line-up is GONE ;-)
I don't even get to finish my second glass when boarding starts ;-(


This is going to be an almost 5 hour flight..... I want to sleep through most of it!




Finally!  Another airport where you can just WALK from the plane to the terminal building !
There is a bus stop right in front of the terminal building.   But the schedule is CONFUSING.  I'm just about to give up and walk to the Taxi stand (50 Euros to Corralejo) but then a British woman intervenes and explains the schedule.... I'll have to wait 10 minutes for the #3 bus to take me to Puerto del Rosario...... 1.40 Euros for that trip.

The #6 bus is already waiting when we get to the depot in Puerto del Rosario..... 
....another 3.40 Euros to Corallejo....




Corralejo!  I just saved 45 Euros by going on a 45 minute bus ride instead of taking a taxi;  MUST send Gabriel and One Sky their cut ;-)

La Bolada.....I'm trying to sit at a table inside and the waitress sends me outside "I just cleaned".   But she gives me WiFi access, so I can actually figure out WHERE the house is and HOW to WALK there....


It's only 1.4 km.   I start walking but then I see the taxi stand....

5 Euros for that short distance?  I should have walked !

Now where is that building ?  I walk around the wall that goes almost to the beach.... there is another bungalow with swimming pool.... and walking around the pool are .......

VIETNAMESE PEOPLE !

I found it !


The view from the patio...
It's great to see TL again ....  

Alas.....there is no wine in the house.... so I'm off on a supply run to where I came from very soon.
 The supermarket is about 1.2 km away and 3 bottles should last me until at least tomorrow, LOL.

Vamos a la playa?   Bien sure, but I'm not sure the water will be warm enough for me after I got used to Vietnamese water temperatures.





But as soon as I put my foot into the Atlantic just off Africa, I strip to my underwear and go for a swim.  YES, that does feel GOOD ;-)


16:30

My clothes are in for a SHOCK..... they are being machine-washed for the FIRST time in 6 weeks ;-)


19:30 
Huh?  Just in time to catch dusk settling on the islands.

 Fuerteventura on the left ...... Lanzarote on the right
After TL's chicken dinner, I tell a lie (about Mother's condition) when I call Grandma...... No, I'm not proud of it, but there is NO point telling the truth in this instance.....it would do more harm than good: the woman would just lay awake all night worrying, without anything she could possibly do.



No comments:

Post a Comment