Sunday 23 September 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (VI): Just a LAZY Sunday .... with a LION DANCE !

4:30

Thi Lan sends me a video file of Buddhist monks creating a sand mandala in a temple close to Paris.   They are working on it for 3 or 4 days only to destroy it after it has been completed.   

The moral?    ..... should be obvious, eh?......



The 14 day weather forecast indicates a sharp drop in temperatures (down to 25 Celsius as a high) and a week of rain in about 6 days time......and the weather this morning seems to be an indication of a change of season ...





After all, it is Monsoon Season in these parts .....   and 26 degrees seems TOO COLD to go for my morning swim ....


FINALLY, this place has a TOOL BOX.  Actually, quite a nice one, with almost everything a person with two right hands could desire.... even a soldering iron!


I finally tighten the screws in the scooter's rear-view mirrors.  Up to now, every bump in the road or wind gust changed my view of the traffic behind me to a nice depiction of the pavement below me or the sky above.  And readjusting one's mirrors one-handed while going 80 km/h on a bumpy road just isn't the safest thing to do !














Huh!   It's not even 10:30 ;-)




12:30

I am a SLOTH !
Wobbling out I find the Frisbee missing......Oh NO, I definitely wanted to play with Tu\ng at some point....where could the Frisbee have gone?.......
Then I see it:  Tu\ng is doing dishes in the kitchen area with the green disk at his feet. LOL.  Fabulous.... and I'm a just a little proud that I could still judge what an attraction that little disk would exert on an 11 year old ;-)


















Pierre walks over and starts a conversation.  He's from France but lived in Spain for 10 years and his woman partner is from Buffalo, NY.  They have lived in Vietnam for 1.5 years now and they LOVE it here.   
AND they love it for exactly the same reasons that I do.
The Frisbee session ends rather quickly since T insists of erecting a goal post and ROLLING the Frisbee.   OH NO!

And I FINALLY clue in just WHY that DRUMMING I've been hearing from the neighbouring weekend resort for kids has been sounding SO FAMILIAR.  
It's the drumming that accompanies a Chinese Lion Dance !
M takes T over there to watch and I follow with my camera....





















And THAT is another thing I LOVE about this place:  
Something NEW EVERY DAY.
But to keep that in perspective: For the last 31 years I've lived in the most mindbogglingly BORING city on the planet !
  

 And isn't this the PERFECT place ....
 .... to remember how much FUN ....
.... soap bubbles can be .....?

It's dark and time for family dinner ;-)




20:30
That's it. Toi say, toi met !



No comments:

Post a Comment