Friday 21 September 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (IV): Just another boring day in the office !

3:00
It's pouring outside again



5:15 

Grandma is very happy to hear from me .....and that makes me happy too....





6:15

I feels strangely CHILLY this morning at 26 Celsius... must be the wet ground and the overabundant evaporation cooling ;-)

I beat Tam to the market, probably because I took the flooded back road again.  She just enters the cho when I already come out with my banh mi trung

The ride back is mystical.  Maybe because it reminds me of time when I was 5-10 years old.  
A maybe 10-14 year old kid (with a red baseball cap of course ;-) sits HIGH on top of giant bags stacked on the back of one of those transport trikes that does its Harley engine impression in front of me for half the way back ...







the buried skeleton of a prehistoric fuzzy giant spider?










I finish reading Imperium by Kracht (A GREAT read, grab it if you see it; it's even based on a true story) and exchange it in the kitchen (In an INSANE mess: books cohabitate a basket together with children's toys, shampoo pouches, dirty & washed towels.. AND a BRA !) against Jaud's Hummel Dumm, which I can only hope to be as frivolously ironic as Imperium.

If you should detect certain similarities between the author of this blog and that German who went to the tropics in 1905 to get away from The Modern World and to live a healthier lifestyle, you may be correct, but rest assured that this blog author is still a lot saner than his early 1900s counterpart  ..


14:00?
Shit, I sleep A LOT !






At some point I start jogging a few meters, and UNBEKNOWNST to me, my cell phone keeps taking pictures.   I'm too old now to care about what the pictures look like (age also has something to do with me executing jogging moves - I HATE jogging - but more on that in another post), so I'm including this unplanned visual evidence of my time at My Beach.
WHY do I actually look content while engaging in the HATED activity? 
Beats me ...

Back in the yard ......
The uncle of the German owner was here last December and at that time repeatedly told his nephew that he should CLEAN UP his SAUSTALL.   
EVIDENTLY, these instructions fell on DEAF ears .....

Der Spiegel reports that Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang died today at the age of 61. (MORE support for my argument to LIVE NOW).  
As I suspected, the locals don't inhale news like I do and it is still NEWs to them, in particular Muoi seems shocked and is looking for more info...

I'm just relieved that it wasn't the more sympathetic Viet Prime Minister who died ...

In my half-brain-dead state, I start reading the Phnom Penh Post.  Hint: Definitely worth a read if you think YOUR life is tough !
will my beach be next .....?



Earlier today, the manageress had asked "Christian, eat some food with us tonight?", to which I nodded approvingly. 

I miss the family-type dinner thing that was so common in July.   

As there is no follow-through though (I didn't expect any) , and I am not someone who is willing to beg or to pay excessive prices for bad food, I take my laptop and walk next-door to the Swedish G&T place ;-).
Com va trung va rau (rice & egg & veggies) actually tastes fabulous today, lOl.  And the price of 50k VND is just an added ingredient ;-) 

gay mai gap lai !

No comments:

Post a Comment