Tuesday 31 July 2018

Bai Bien Cua Toi (XXII): HEAT & Water & Dragon Flies... A picture-perfect day

3:10
Grandma is in bed again when I call her.  1 pm PST and she hasn't had breakfast yet.    

5:30

OMG, I'm missing something !!!  GRAB the camera & RUN !
and then there were four ....








I order a Banh Mi trung chien from Tam. When I motion for her to write it down in the account book, she shakes her head.    "I want your sister to be happy too", I say, because I know how her sister likes income.  "NO, you friend".   What a lovely gesture from a lovely woman!




















It's HOT.  I don't even try to get to the water line without sandals....



14:00

I'm wondering whether how long I should stay in Vancouver after Grandma's birthday.  I check hotel prices and RECOIL in HORROR.  $160 + taxes per NIGHT.  Oh for FUCK's SAKE, that's the price I'd pay for one WEEK here in Vietnam. 












YES, they're all Dragon flies ;-)

17:00


Yeah, sitting in the room with the a/c on AND the windows open is not entirely energy efficient.  But the room air need to be exchanged once in a day.  And even while typing this, I get wafts of HOT air from the outside that feel like someone left the OVEN DOOR OPEN.   It's supposed to be even HOTTER tomorrow ;-)



Time for dinner at the Swedes....  Pan-fried potatoes accompanied by G&T ;-)









20:00
Was THAT a knock on my door?
YUP.  It's Tam, waving sleepy me to the kitchen area.  Apparently new German guests are arriving at 2 am tonight, and she wants me to welcome them, just so that they hear some understandable words when they arrive.   I set my alarm clock.

Quang & Delong/Duan are there too and they brought some corn on the cob and one of those iced milk with fruit cups.  But this one has DURIAN in it.   Baby diaper juice for dinner !   YUK !

No comments:

Post a Comment