Saturday 19 August 2017

The Beach I: Settling into a daily routine

OK, 3 am might be a tad too early for the ideal daily routine.
But I still have some translating to do.  
And sink laundry.
And trip planning. 
and, and, and .....

When I step outside for my first cigarette it is pitch dark, except for the lights of the fishing boats out on the bay.  All I can hear is the never-ending of the waves exhausting themselves on the water edge of the beach 80 meters away.  The temperature is a cuddly warm 26 Celsius.


I wait until 5 am to walk to the waterline.  I'm not the first one there









walk a bit further 


GOOD spot for a swim


The way back.  LOVE the mist generated by the waves

I'm back in my room at 6:00, drink some wine, do some work, and plan the upcoming Germany trip.

Binh leaves her room at 6:30 to buy breakfast provisions

At 7:00 I can see absolutely NO reason why I shouldn't cross the 80 meters of sand to go for another swim.  Good thing, because it is exquisite.


The power failure hits at about 7:30.  


8:30 

Time for breakfast.  Again there is another guest in the other ocean view room next to me and again it is one of those people that only comes out when all others are gone.  I'm having breakfast and a chat with Mathias and she only comes out to have her breakfast when we both are finished and gone.
I can understand that people want their peace and quiet and I understand that people are insecure and not comfortable around other people (been there, done that ;-). But now that I have turned into a social animal it just seems strange. 

9:30 

Mathias wants to take me on another tour of the piece of land in question.  It has changed shape since I last viewed it, LOL.  And the owner has cleaned it up as well.  No more old fishing equipment hanging between the trees.  I assume that the owner is really willing to sell.  

11:30 

I've arrived at Life's a beach for a yogurt and a ruou vang thrang.  
It's good coming back here !  I feel like Norm in Cheers,LOL.


12:40

John & Paul Inn doesn't serve lunch at lunch time. Go figure.  I go back to the Kiwi Connection.  They're OUT of wine, white & red.  Hmm. Whose fault could that be ....?
That's OK, G&T will do.

13:30

Wow. Time flies !
Got to get going here to be able to squeeze in a good afternoon nap before dinner, LOL.

Big C supermarket supplies me with wine, a corkscrew, cookies as well as with butter and ginger tea for my host.



15:00

I'm back home and there is still no power.  
OMG, it HURTS being off the grid, LOL. I should have taken the charging cable with me to town, because now the laptop is down to 30 % power level.  
Life can be rough ....
Nothing to do but go for a swim and hang around in a hammock for a while.  


17:30

Let there be light, power, and WiFi !  I am CONNECTED to the world again!






18:30

That's what one gets when situated close to the equator.  It is DARK at this time already, LOL.  Time to walk to dinner.


How very Daliesque !



No comments:

Post a Comment