Tuesday 5 February 2019

Chuc mung nam moi ! TET Morning Mania & Visits in the Year of the Pig

5:45
YES, there are way too many dawn and sunrise pictures here.... but it is TET, and THIS is the dawn of the Year of the Pig !


































A few hours later, I'm just thinking about going for my first swim, all of a sudden Chau & Thu\ng show up on my terrace in their best clothes..... so THIS is what TET is all about ;-)


two of the SWEETEST people I know ....
I hadn't planned to empty that bottle of wine quite that early in the morning, but if Chau is around ....
Tu\ng in his fancy shirt
 The Quang arrives as well!
Since I start noticing that Quang is getting fidgety again, I have to end it the Vietnamese way by saying "I am going swimming now"..... that is how it's done, apparently ....

The French neighbours are heading to Song Cau to visit the family (it is TET!) 
Those SHADES !  






10:30

I actually do it..... in previous years, I would have found an excuse to wimp out.... but The Hotel is booked ;-)


Entirely in the spirit of Tet:  an e-mail exchange with Istanbul.  Taskin has replied to my e-mail ;-)







A G&T in Sweden.
.... nice new bartender, LOL !
Everything with Bobby regarding my supposed stay in 2 days seems to have been settled....

....things are so much more relaxed here on this side of the fence !
















More e-mails from Ti\n & Huyen......WTF? .... J was right.... they DO love me here.  Viet Nam, where have you been all my life?

TET mania even at the beach

16:00

Almost time to get ready for yet another TET engagement

The time has come to hop on the scooter....

the other side of the peninsula


17:00

Quang's sons are NOT here!  They stayed in Tuy Hoa & Sai Gon to keep working!  How very un-Vietnamese !  This is the FIRST time the phone is not used for every single sentence exchange...... we manage the basics without ..... 
OMFG, toi noi tieng Viet, LOL.



Back in my hotel, it's the usual blandness: positive energy drains into .... where exactly does it go .... and can one ever become immune to the Kill-Joys ?




No comments:

Post a Comment