Friday 1 February 2019

Bai Bien Cua Toi (II) A mini road trip to Quy Nhon.. visiting friends and resupplying

5:00
Maybe one of the Gins was off?   My sleep last night was shallow and plagued by nightmares.  NO LIKE!

6:30

It's still 'COLD' out there.   Only 21 Celsius.... where is the SUN?
Walking on Clouds NEVER gets old ;-)
A little later:






10:30
No point postponing it any longer.... I'm going to Quy Nhon today...  although I almost change my mind.... somehow the rum or the gin or both are still affecting my mood and my digestion in a strange way....

The number of couples heading North on motorbikes at a nutty speed with suitcases strapped behind them is STUNNING...  TET is only 3.5 days away!




I stop at Life's a Beach and am glad to see the entire server gang assembled.  I've missed these people ....


But at noon it's time to leave for my errands in Quy Nhon ....



1st task refill the phone.... Oh, still 200k left.... I add 200k... that should last me a while ;-)


No kites to be seen in the mall's toy stores, so I do my wine shopping first.


By accident I discover another tiny toy store.  I show them the kite picture on my cell phone and she starts rummaging around the back (moving garbage bags full of stock, LOL).   There is ONE kite, with one of its structural rods missing.  Luckily they one from the ruined kite will fit in there...... 20k and I own a second kite.


Now it's time to visit Dong aka Mr. Hotel.  A young woman at first gives me the distant receptionist-guest treatment but really thaws when she realizes who I am.... Oh, YOU are the German man my father always talks about.... 


Dong rummages around and wants me to take a bottle of Irish Whiskey as a present with me.   I tell him to leave it in the fridge so we can drink some when I come back.


Life's a Beach again.   Stopping here twice cuts the journey into three parts of almost equal length.... and my alcohol levels have sufficiently dropped to warrant refreshing.

I am LOVING the way bridges and parts of highways are flagged in red before and during TET !
Back at the beach...... Ti/n, officially the manager, is doing garden work.... ts ts ts.  There is something unsavory about foreigners coming here an (ab)using local labour at the prevailing LOW wages!




Oh, it's SO NICE to have Ti/n here..... FINALLY someone who can explain the nuances of Vietnamese grammar, what tiny little bit there is of it.  I finally get clear on these two things that have been bugging me:


mot cai thing, hai chiec things

mot quyen sach, hai cuon sach...

17:30

Need more food.... and 'Sweden' is a good place to have some.... well, the food is good, but there is no socializing over there either .....   this beach is dead right now....

Ti/n and the Viets save the day again.... How can the Viet people have so much HEART?

20:30
To end the day with a reminder of the hell-hole where I still officially live:  Even though I contacted my website-hosting company and followed their instructions to remove some of the services I subscribe to, my credit card statement tells me that it was all in vain.  They still charged me the amount for the services I cancelled.   

Is Ripping People Off now perfectly normal behaviour in Canada?  Why do I constantly have to look over my shoulder and double-check EVERYTHING ?

Fuck You, Doteasy.... !






No comments:

Post a Comment