Saturday 16 June 2018

Oh Mother, where art thou IV: Sheep! Sheep everywhere !

I'm up at 1:00
The weirdo mystery guest is still smoking, drinking, and telephoning loudly in the smoking area.  Good thing he's not sitting right in front of MY window.  In my present state I might forget my good upbringing ;-)
I'm up at 2:00
I'm up at 3:00
I'm up at 5:00
Let's just say that I don't sleep well ......

7:30
I'm sitting on the cold entrance tiles of the Chinese restaurant again, getting my WiFi fix ....

















9:30
I'm just SO TIRED but I can't sleep either.   

WHAT is that noise?  Am I delirious?  It sounds like SHEEP !

 I look out the window.    Holy, it actually is Sheep !

If forgot to count them, so I still can't sleep ;-)  But it's also a wake-up call, there is a world happening OUT THERE and I'm missing it !



It's Ice-cream parlour time with Mother again.  This time I feel some appetite and indulge in a cherry crepe. 
But honestly, the main reason for being here is that this is presently the only place in MomTown that offers reasonably reliable WiFi, LOL.  I use it to buy 2 books online and the train tickets for mother and me for the next 10 days.  Another thing off the ENDLESS to-do list ;-)

Oops, I did it again!  It seems my presence has depleted the ice-cream parlour's wine supply already on the 3rd visit.  I guess there are not too many Pro wine drinkers around, LOL.
The long way home let's me buy more wine & snacks and shows me the most direct route from my hotel to the Viet restaurant, just in case I have the energy later ....
18:00
I've arrived at the Viet restaurant.  I open the lid of my laptop with trembling fingers and feverish anticipation.  WiFi ! ..... here I come ! .....                                                                                                                                                                                                  NO WiFi ! LOL  I even ask the waitress and she confirms that they HAD WiFi the LAST time I was here ...... but not now....                                 Armes Deutschland !

I've been to this restaurant TWICE in my entire life, this time is only the third time.  The last time I was here as 4 weeks ago.  The young woman server asks me "A glass of Chardonnay?"  I guess, I'm a little memorable, LOL.





 I'm back at my Chinese restaurant for a glass of wine. Not that I NEED more wine, but I WANT WIFI, LOL. 

And yes, I admit that a GRIN appears on my face when I read the news. I vividly remember the Mexican national soccer team from 4 years ago.  The guys looked HOT&SEXY in their wet T-shirts (it was pouring during that game).  

And today they BEAT the German national team.   
 I am delighted that all those NATIONAL symbols displayed in SO MANY windows here not only did NOT work but that maybe those sheep-like flag-waving German soccer fans learned something today (highly unlikely though, LOL).

19:30
I'm not sure I can finish my glass of wine at the restaurant and still ride the bicycle back to the hotel without any major mishap.  Yup, I AM inebriated.  Or maybe NOT, since I can still spell that word?

I pay for my glass of wine and get 5 Euros change.  For tip purposes, I hand back the 5 note and ask the owner/waiter for 4 Euros.  He touches the back of my hand and shakes his head.  OMG.  WHERE does THIS happen these days?  I am happy to feel like a guest instead of just a customer and I'm also glad to be able to say Xie Xie, which is also much appreciated by my opponent, as is evident in his surprised smile.  
It's NOT that complicated !

But yes, it's also time to rethink my tipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment