Wednesday 13 September 2017

Rushing back to the Gulag

6:00  (21:00 PST)

Time to get up to start this LONG DAY.  


I've adjusted to German time in a record number of days, so it must be time to leave ;-(

I'm finally posting this post 6 month after the event.  And I took ZERO pictures along the entire journey.   Enough information about my state of mind ;-(

8:00 (23:00 PST)
Breakfast is done; my tickets have been printed out; I'm packed and ready to go.

9:00  (Midnight PST)

The bus is 2 minutes late and someone actually checks people's tickets.

The bus takes me to Mom-Town Central Station.  The train is 5 minutes late. Not a good omen.



10:55: I change trains in Cologne.
 The ICE is on time and has free WiFi on board ;-)


I read the news.  Canada is going to buy US$5 Billion worth of fighter jets from the US. Assuming 30 Million Canadians in total, that means each of us is sending CAD$ 200 to a weapons manufacturer in the US.  Can I have mine back ?  I'd rather give it to someone in need ;-)


12:00  (3 am PST)

I've arrived at Frankfurt Airport

14:00 (5 am PST)

I call Carlos at the reception desk in Vancouver.  The answering machine kicks in and when I call back I ask "Were you smoking?"  He was, LOL.  Even though Booking.com says my hotel is sold out completely, I get a room for tonight. Good, I won't have to stay at Grandma's tonight; maybe tomorrow: the place could use some cleaning.

14:45

The plane is supposed to take off in 5 minutes, but they haven't even started boarding yet.  WTF is Wrong with Condor?  

15:30 (6:30 am PST)





17:45 PST (2:45 am CET)


Getting through YVR is FAST, actually the FASTEST EVER.


No comments:

Post a Comment