Monday 8 May 2017

Wasn't there some mention of a Fatherless Fatherland ? (reminiscing about dead people)

Yes, there was. It was actually in the title of the last post.  But the timing wasn't right.  I only got to take pictures of that family album in Mother's flat yesterday evening.  And without those pictures, this post would have been kind of pointless.

My father died when I was 19.  Given that it's DEFINITELY him I got my brains and wacky sense of humor from, I miss him terribly.

At least he didn't die before instilling the virtue of various vices in me, LOL

While we're taking fathers.  Grandfather (below) died in 2010. I was about 3 or 4 when I got to sample his red wine at Christmas.  We became good friends during the last 5 years of his life. He embodied the essence of a Gentle-Man and his wit and outlook on life are greatly missed. He wasn't actually a blood-relative, giving more credit to the saying "You can pick your friends, but not your family".  But with him, I got to have my cake and eat it too ;-)

Sorry, but that's all. 
That's it for relatives of mine who had what I consider a sensible outlook on life.

Of course, there is a completely different aspect to this post (Almost like a First Nations type double entendre ;-) 
Those various viscous vices:  Drink, Smoke, and whatever you want to call the activity in the topmost picture.  Here is photographic evidence that I can't really be blamed for any of them, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment