Tuesday 17 November 2015

Living without loved ones (or How long is a year?)

November 17th, 2014.  I was on a ferry back from Horseshoe Bay, when I received the news that my spare mother had died.

When something amazing happens to me or if I'm deeply appalled at something, I still reach for my phone to call her and tell her about it.  At least for a split second.  Then that nasty realization comes back. She won't answer the phone.   

There is also a lesson to be learned from the above picture.

I've known my spare mom for 35 years.  Most of those years she was single and even a second marriage provided nothing but grief and a second divorce.

Then she discovered this LOVELY BIG FRUIT (pictured above) and they became best friends and his husband lent him out to my spare mom for cuddling sessions ;-)

The moral?

Happiness is waiting in places where you least suspect it !  
Your gut knows where.  
Don't wait ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment