Thursday 21 February 2013

Pho Japolo (or the 20 ounce glass of wine)

Yes, full-size napkin holder


I am back at Pho Japolo on Marine Drive close to Lions Gate Bridge in North Vancouver, home of the indecently large glass of white wine. Something new was on their wall menu today and I'm eating it as I type. Cambodian style dry noodles and soup.  While I usually have the Vietnamese seafood noodle soup, in which the seafood to water ratio is a bit low for my taste (not too low: I keep eating it:-), the Cambodian dry variety is served with chicken and seafood and is very yummy, with a seafood to water ratio a bit too much on the high side (read: enough seafood but small side soup bowl).

A note on the glass of wine pictured: This was served about a month ago with the words: "This today special for you". And no, this is the extreme 'special' version. Normally the glass is 3/4 or 3/5 full, but compared to the standard of other restaurants, which would in this glass measure in at the 1/4 mark, even that is still astonishing. After the pictured glass, I had to order extra food, with grease,to absorb the alcohol. Didn't work though; my inebriation level during driving was a bit higher than what I would normally would put the limit at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment