5:00
The phone rings.....I answer.....It is Chantal..... They emptied the storage......and they are getting rid of the TV stands and Great-Grandma's green high-backed Sessel......
8:00
Chantal refunds me $1200...... right away I send $300 back to her for 'Mika, the Morin Moving Muscle'.
9:00
At the hotel:
I talk to last night's crazy Swedish woman....and I even get her to smile....... Laundry is almost done....
I talk to last evening's 2 cyclists from Heidelberg.......YES...the indeed WERE in SaiGon 2 weeks ago.....it was their folding bikes I saw on Pham Ngu Lao.....NGHIEP...... AND.....they DID the bicycle trip from Germany to Istanbul...... I feel a little deflated, but feel invigorated in my plan......he is 56 years old...... NOT DONE YET.......today they are off to Quy Nhon.....
10:30
The laundry is done....I hang it.....
An email from Mika.....thanking me for the $300......Chantal probably pushed him ;-)
nap
11:15
chorizo omelet......goes down well; I was craving MEAT.....
11:30 There is the Phap email I was dreading...(I was expecting it)..... "I HAVE to spend Tet with my parents"
I prepare my response..... "Problem or no problem, busy or not busy, I ALWAYS have time for Phap"
17:00
But instead I reply....
"I hope you can find a bit of time to meet me before you return to Bien Hoa"....
Right now......If he FAILS AGAIN.......it will be grounds for divorce....
I'm not expecting an answer any time soon....he only replies to happy messages .....and stays quiet if the answer is not favorable.....
18:25
I've eaten the 2 frozen chicken wings....cut my finger trying to cut an OLD lime....
What now?
18:45
He replies.....he is coming NGAY MOT ....now I feel bad for adding things to his busy schedule....
sleep early
3:00
dazed....
4:00
get up.... coffee
talk to Andrea....she is unpleasantly hysterical.......I'm trying to talk her down....
Chantal calls back.......
nap
12:00
The flight to SaiGon and all the hotels are booked.
13:45
I've completed my calisthenics, re-fried some tofu from the freezer, got a confirmation from HomeAway..... now I only have to book My for the taxi ride and I'm good to go ....
15:15
I booked My and clipped my crotch..... up to 2.5 bottles already and I have to slow down.....another nap?.....after all, I got up at 3:30 or 4:00.....
nap
16:45
STARVING.... I order a hamburger..... strange new squiggly fries....and not enough fries....ah well....I eat 1/3 and put the rest in the fridge......
17:15
Some neurotic German kids (5-10 years?) try to throw sand on my fire.... one of them (11?) gives me an extended slut/trying-to-look-cute look, probably a look that let her get away with stuff before......OMG, that one will be trouble in the future....pity the man that falls for her .....anyhoo.... it's not working on me....
20:00 a message from Phap
sleep
23:30
BANGS on the door.....Thanh and Jerker..... I am rude to them....NOT today..... I regret it the next morning and send an apology to Thanh.
sleep
1:00
There is BUZZING in my room......and then there is a PLOP on my bed as if a rock fell from the ceiling.... need a glass of wine.... when I go back to bed and unfold the blanket there is this GIANT FLYING cockroach...... I am frantically looking around for murderous instruments.... there ... that wooden stick.... the first strike cuts the beast in half......and I swipe it off the bed.....
I manage to sleep eventually
6:00
10:30
An SUV comes up the beach ....and wants to PARK in front of my trees .....guests of Lisa.... I run out and shout NOOOO....he goes WHY NOT..... I go Because this is MY property (I lie just a little ;-) and bai bien DEP nhung xe o to KHONG dep.....
11:15
a bit of bread....with chorizo....AND cherry jam ;-)
Phap writes: 20:00
nap
finish the burger
nap
16:00 slight belly discomfort.....from wine or food?
19:00
I order chicken wings and fries for Phap....I've told Jenny 3 times today that I don't want the nuoc mam with the chicken wings......what do I get? Nuoc Mam....... I go back later.....and complain.....If you want to work in hospitality, you have to start listening to the guests.....I would like another order of wings without sauce for free......and then she gets all phony "we don't have any left, you get a massage" all with that phony smile.....when I say "You are not listening; you are not learning", she tells me to go home...... LAST time I will talk to Jenny ;-)
Phap mails...... I don't have the scooter......
21:30 I flip out and I video call him......where are you?.....on the road...I'll be there in 30 minutes
I walk half naked to the road to expect his arrival....nothing....on the way back to my house, I run into Thanh.....we're fine......I get back to the house.....another message from Phap.....traffic police; I will be slow to arrive.....just HOW can anyone be so UNLUCKY or STUPID ?????
22:45
I feel like sleeping.....
I head over to Thanh's drinking party......he asks for a bottle of wine....why not....he massages my shoulders with astonishingly STRONG hands .....
The whole time I keep my eye on the road to see Phap when he arrives...... then the phone rings and he is calling from my house..... he has a way of walking invisibly.....
LOVE him....
sleep so well
so much nuzzling in the morning......
9:00 He leaves....... that's OK.....I'll see him again in only 8 days ;-)
I'm feeling all MELLOW YELLOW after all that hugging and nuzzling .....and I am stupid enough to call Andrea back...........The usual whining about problems......she KILLS my BUZZ ...... my own bloody fault for calling her!
11:00
Chantal is not doing much better .....hurting eyes, cranky teenager, Broken truck, Sally Ann refusing to take furniture.....
13:00
nap
14:30
Eat the remaining chicken wings.
nap
16:15
19:00
Toan calls and brings me a DuDu...
21:30 He leaves
I realize that Phap sent me a picture many hours ago....
22:30
Time to sleep?
sleep
3:30
coffee
7:00
Oh, why not...... MARKET.........pineapple, mushrooms, garlic, chili, bell pepper, tomatoes, 6 limes.....all for 65k....CAD$ 2.50....In Canada I would have been able to buy ONE lime with that....
15:00
I've DONE the ESTA application......let's see what happens.....
nap with belly ache .... I have to stop eating hotel food !
16:15
I order a Banh Kep and fry up some chorizo
Oh.....I have an ESTA ;-)
belly ache again
time for another nap
18:45
Phone and knock on the Door.....Monkey.....poor bastard got dumped the day before Valentine's Day....
19:45
Monkey is off again.....meeting a friend at his old high school......good for him....he needs all the distractions he can find.....
sleep
3:00
the usual wake-up Canada problems panic...Might as well get up.....
5:30
OMFG.......AdBlock no longer works on YouTube......the world as we know it is ending..... the end is nigh.....
6:00
Andrea pushes the FuckOff button......probably a good thing
nap
8:00
reheat the banana pancake
Call Eda.....LOL. she is living in my house in North Van now.....OMG.....
9:30
I head to Le's store.....and buy the 5 boxes of wine.....her husband delivers them on my terrace 15 minutes later....
10:15
The woman with the weird DUT on her head. Now she has a beautiful scarf over the whole thing.....OH WHY NOT....I am no longer shy after 1.5 years in Viet Nam......I walk over and ask in Vietnamese whether she permits me to take a picture.....
Then she wants a joint selfie....
10:30
It bugs me.... not knowing.....I ask the manager Xuan ....in Vietnamese......and she understands me.... and answers.....this woman is Tay or Tai (two different minorities, but I still can't hear the tones ;-)
Monkey ....he is still delusional about Cambodia.....he will figure it out
15:45 Need nap
16:15 One of the beach cleaners shows up....friend of Choi & My....
17:30 Message exchange with 'Mr. Miss You'....
19:45 Nhat brings me steamed rice...... into the Freezer....
20:00 THREE weeks after submitting it, my Home Owner Grant application is STILL 'pending'.....what the FUCK is wrong with Canada ????!!!?
21:00 sleep
6:00
I wake up happy..... coffee wine.....the sun rises just at the edge of the peninsula....that means winter is over..... my eyes take forever to start working.....I'm typing this with glasses..
6:30
A new Era..... Adblocker is still installed......today for the first time I see ADS on VN Express......Ah well, I'll get used to it.....and they don't work on me.....Instead of buying the advertised shit, I will rather AVOID those products/services because they dared to annoy me ;-)
food: chorizo, cream cheese, cherry jam on baguette.....
Andrea does not answer.....probably a good thing.... ;-)
Eda calls back....she's rearranging my house......hopefully not TOO MUCH or I will get cranky......
I put 15 trieu into my wallet for the upcoming trip......
doze
10:30
Hungry again..... mushrooms onions chorizo tomato...... on baguette......
11:00
slight discomfort in the gut again.......
ADS are popping up everywhere now.....OH NO...... I abandon Chrome after 20 years or so...... I download FireFox, my browser of 20 years ago...... and ..........NO MORE ADS, LOL.....
12:30
Nhat drops by...... he's going cock fighting again today.....but far away....
13:00
DONE.....I've switched over to FireFox and closed Chrome......NO MORE BULLSHIT....
nap
14:15
Monkey shows up ....I can tell he's hurting....but he's trying to maintain the stiff upper lip...
16:15
Monkey leaves......
Phap emails..... with a picture.....
![]() |
| way too XA XI......and he probably LIED to me |
He told me 3 days ago in the morning that he would ride back to Bien Hoa in the afternoon.......This definitely is NOT Bien Hoa..... this looks like Tuy Hoa...... I reply "Where are you?" .....I pray to god that he didn't lie to me again...... And I'm SURE he will NOT answer that question ......
17:00
I order chicken wings and fries......
I'm happy with my switch to FireFox...... NO MORE ADS.....and I'll get use to the scrolling through the tabs...... FUCK the corporate West !!!
18:00
Phap replies.....OLD picture (note, he does not answer my question of WHERE he is)....DAMN my mother for making me paranoid of lying loved ones...... it is SO EASY to damage your children forever..... !!!!
19:45
Drunk and thinking too much......
sleep
3:15
Coffee and wine
5:00 Talk to Eda.....she is changing things to get comfy in NV....
6:30 Nhat drops by.....mutual crotch grabbing (LOL).....
6:45
sleep
8:15
STARVING......reheat chicken wings and fries.....add orange juice and honey.....YUM....I can cook ;-)
An email from Phap......."Can you send me 2 trieu?"
Why does it STILL piss me off?.......I'm living for NOTHING in this country......but if my LOVER asks me for LITTLE money, I freak out........blame it on Mother and Grandma.....need to work on that.....
I email Phap: "Good morning LOVE...I wish you were here with me"
7:00
NEED to sleep....to tipsy....
8:15
Phap replied......"Can you send me 2 trieu?".....OH RATS.....he did it again.... it's NOT about the money.....but how will he EVER become 'mot nguoi dan ong doc lap'.....MOTHER all over again....
9:45
tipsy and tired....
nap
10:20
A little angry at Phap...... he still hasn't learned what the Monkey has learned...... I don't want to date my mother......
11:30
I'm back from Quang.....handing over LiXi......they were eating....I eat a little muc....I get hugs..they are happy about the respect.....and it feels GOOD..... I trusted the right person......
12:00
nap
13:00
Nhat drops by again....I get my chest grabbed while I'm thinking about grabbing his.....FUN.... I say "mot ngay vo cua Nhat se giet Han" <grin>
14:00
Tipsy and Turvy ;-)
nap
15:30
Yen drops by......we talk about her dog....she rescued him from the market.....where he would have died if she hadn't taken him.....
16:30
Email and voicemail to Graeme completed....
18:00
Phap video calls......just seeing his face makes everything alright again......
18:15
banh kep voi chuoi va so co lat voi cho ri zo va mut cherry ....ngon.....
18:30
I finally find last year's Speculation Tax form.....It's in Grandma's name....so I'll do it that way this year again.... telling the truth in Canada only ever creates problems :-(
nap
21:00
An email from the Monkey.....NOW he is HURTING.... it finally hit him.....I feel so sorry for him.....
23:00
Drunk and Tired...but happy with what I have accomplished today.....time to pass out....


No comments:
Post a Comment