Saturday, 18 December 2021

Saigon

Where am I ?..... In Sai Gon.....on my way back to Mordor to deal with Grandma....it is shortly before Christmas ......even over here, all the stores selling stuff are desperate to spread the 'holiday spirit'....

 'nough said?

 

6:30

Oh.....Phap replied....finally...... 

I drank too much yesterday...... 2 bottles from 3 pm to midnight....

8:00

Talk to Eda

8:30

OMG long term interest rates have plummeted to 4.3%..... good thing I got my 5.1% GICs when I did ;-)

10:00

talk to Joanna Tillson for 34 minutes....she cheers me up ;-)

shave/shower

11:00

2 more bottles of wine and phone minutes....and a tweezer ....those eyebrows are getting unruly....

Joanna Nguyen is annoying me with her typical Canadian messages.... and her attitude....also typical Canadian...

it takes Vinh AGES to retrieve my laundry.....and he wants 80k because he claims it's 2kg......but at least it smells good....

12:30

nap time....

13:30

OMFG.....the Canadian Dollar is TANKING......

 

5 trieu used to be CAD 265 only 6 months ago.... now 5 trieu costs me $295 ......SHIT !!!!   who ever would have thought that the Vietnamese Dong should be considered a stable currency ......


15:30 meet Joanna on the steps of Nha Hat Lon (The Saigon Opera House)  

.... I point out A&O show advertisement...she has already seen the show.... 

I LOVE this woman..... We drink Cosmopolitans on the outside patio of Hotel Continental Saigon..... 4 for each and Calamari....she picks up the bill....buy 3 bottles of booze at a CircleK and we drink one on her balcony....she calls me a Grab car......and pays for it... the talk was amazing.


23:15 back at home......

NEED to crash......

 

7:00 I am STILL drunk....

7:30

Call Eda.....the presents from the old couple in WV

including TWO cartons of cigarettes and a $50 Starbucks card...... holy shit.... that gurl is getting spoiled !

8:15

time to sober up and clean up.....Phap is supposed to be here in 2 hours ....

calisthenics & shower

nap

10:00

Fear is rising again....I start drinking and doubting

10:30 I see him walk towards the hotel entrance

11:00

He gets off, I don't ....not important....something new ...he bites lips while kissing....

nap

I book a hotel in Bien Hoa while he's sleeping....60 square meters with balcony..... 2 nights....we'll see ....

15:00

Bun Cha 145 ...he likes

his father calls when we get back to the hotel......but he waits until 17:15 to finally leave......after getting off again and dozing in bliss for what seems like an hour......

17:15

Lisa doesn't answer the Zalo call (again)

Monkey indicates drama.....but doesn't answer the phone (it's early anyway)

I should start packing

Lisa calls back....but there is that typical German deadness in her voice..... no point calling her again....

18:00

shopping around....2 bottles from CircleK at the corner of Bui Vien.....another 2 bottles from CircleK next to Vien Dong.....bank machine at Vien Dong.... masks, eye drops, lip balm from the usual pharmacy....20 Cialis from the usual Nha Thuoc.....back in the hotel.....

 

19:00

I just started balling my eyes out.... I was sitting on my balcony sipping wine and I hear this weird bell...a minute later I see an old crippled guy moving himself with metal weights in his hands pushing on the pavement while he sits on a wooden plank with coaster wheels underneath..... 

Not the man I saw but the same principle, just without the wheels

....he is selling something.....they look like Q-tips....I don't have any Q-tips ..... everyone is ignoring him.....fucking Millennials ....even in Vietnam....dressed in fancy clothes but they ignore him.....

I quickly throw on clothes and grab 50k from the wallet...... can't be that hard to catch up with a guy on a rolling platform..... I keep calling "anh oi! anh oi!" from behind....he doesn't react.....when I catch up and look in his face I realize he is only 25 years old and almost definitely an Agent Orange victim...it looks like his mind is half gone too.....but he still manages a cute smile when I wave the 50k and take a box of Q-tips (normally 10k) and ask him OK?....OK he says and grins.......FUCK.....how the can the world be so fucking unfair.....

19:30

talk to the Monkey for a while

21:45

tipsy and tired......missing the Phap..... I am HAPPY and RELAXED when I am close to him.....

sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment